Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+9
agentdoni
NKDZ
pipoca77
Xin
Ranger 50
Fiana
Sold Out
Vincelol
Gloria of Greenguard
13 posters

Anime Discussion.

Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

Anime Discussion. - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime Discussion.

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sat May 14, 2011 3:39 pm

As you can see. I have brought this thread back from the dead yet again. And I have changed its name.

I looked around to see if any worth while anime came out this year. Nothing so far. So far the closest was Infinite Stratos.

I found the first few episodes of this anime to very interesting. But it quickly deteriorated into a rather generic one unfortunetely :-(

Protagonist: A guy. I actually continued to like him throughout the series. His only problem is his generic anime trait of being oblivious to the fact that all the girls around him love him.

Girl #1: Childhood friend of Protagonist ( the girl he is obviously gona end up with in the end). They did not see each other for 6 years because she had transferred out of their childhood school. Because of various circumstances they end up sharing a room. Her personality quickly becomes the generic " I am obviously in love with him and will cook for him but I will never admit it" personality

Girl #2: Fights Protagonist for position of class rep, barely wins, falls in love with him for no reason, quickly transforms into above mentioned generic personality type.

Girl #3: First transfer student of the series. She is the 2nd childhood friend of protagonist, she transferred to his childhood school right after girl #1 transferred out. She is the most blatant in her showing of affection for the protagonist, but personality is still above mentioned generic one.

Charles/girl #4: Second transfer student of the series. Charles gets roomed with the protagonist since they are both guys (actually its rather obvious he's a girl in disguise....oh well). He manages to successfully keep his real gender hidden for a little while. But the protagonist finds out. The protagonist promises to keep Charles's/Charoletes secret. I actually liked their relationship the most out of all the girls. And they had awesome team work in the battle scenes. Buuuuuuuut, after the protagonist finds out Charoletes secret she quickly degrades into the above mentioned generic personality.

Girl #5: Third transfer (yeah all the transfers in this anime fall in love with the protagonist). She hates the protagonists guts. She and girl #1 get randomly teamed up for a team battle. Protagonist chooses Charles as his team partner so that no one else finds out Charles's secret (at this point Charles was still thought to be a guy by every one else). Protagonist and Charles proceed to beat the crap out of girls #1 and #5 because of their awesome team work vs the girls awful teamwork.
    Girl #5 then falls in love with protagonist for no reason and claims him as her husband. After that....she transforms into that generic personality.

End results? Guy runs off into the sunset carrying girl #1 in his arms, and is running from the jealous girls #2, #3, #4 and #5.

If you are a huge fan of IS, I am sorry if I have stepped on your toes. This is just my personal impression of the anime, and I am sure there are many people who will love it, just not me.
    Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Castle Sun May 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Opinions on Black Butler, and Cowboy bebop? :D

Cowboy Bebop:

Black Butler:
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Black Butler was interesting enough to where I watched the entire first season, and I think I liked it a bit. It just isn't quite good enough to make it onto my watch again list (not for me any ways). If I could find cowboy bebop in english sub I would watch it. But I have yet to find it in english sub :-(
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon May 16, 2011 4:37 am

Gloria... D: It comes on TV in English, so it shouldn't be too hard. Hmm.. Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They may have it.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon May 16, 2011 10:30 am

I can find english DUB just fine. It's english SUB that I have trouble finding. I am rather picky in the area of subs/dubs. With english sub I can watch anime with the sound off, and not bug my parents with overly dramatic/excited cartoon voices.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon May 16, 2011 11:26 am

Oh yeah.. Hmm, Type it in on youtube? Very common there.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon May 16, 2011 12:19 pm

I will go ahead and try youtube. I cant remember if I tried it for bebop yet or not.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon May 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Ok I finally found it in eng sub. The site that I normally watch anime with is called watchanimeon. It almost always has what I am looking for, and usually has all the episodes in english sub, and generally has usable choices besides megavideo.

I finally thought of checking it for cowboy bebop. Annnnnnd it has it.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Yaaay! :D
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 am

Sweet, thanks Gloria!

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 11:41 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANTED: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Final Episode: 53 Dubbed
    REWARD: A bear hug from Sai.

eh this is effed up! EFFED UP!!! F***ing *** ***** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO WTF? After watching all these episodes my interest is peaked up and I get this? WAAAAAAT TEEE FUGDGE MAN! THIS IS FIRETRUCKING FRUSTRATION YOU HEAR ME?????????? e.e

ehehe T_T" EDIT:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    Episode Completed: 52 (Ongoing)

well....this is humiliating for me e.e""" Ignore my post ....hmph! ***

Looks like I got no other option but watch subbed version till episode 64 AAARGHH! NO! >_< and they said ep 53 itself was not coming out until 2months pass by WAT TE FUDGE! erm....
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Bummer for you sai :-(

I'M SOOOOO EXCITEEEEEEEED. I finally found another anime for my watch again list (including this anime there are eight animes that I plan on ever watching again). Toradora. The only anime I have watched that had such a happy ending that I cried...........okay, maybe they were tears of tiredness, but still, I think the anime had a part in it too.

Disclaimer: To those who may consider watching this anime, it is a romance anime, and thus if you are a guy you might not like it the same way I did. Also, I have not come up with large lists of valid reasons why I like the animes that I do. So don't bother asking me WHY I like the ones I do.

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 6:24 am

Eh i needed some time away from anime anyways
    Albel Noxx
    Albel Noxx

Squad : Waffle Squad

Post by Albel Noxx Mon May 23, 2011 4:59 am

u guys should watch Hitman Reborn i finished the 1st season last yr and it was amazing anime filled with laughs and action :)

P.S : what other animes know that have action in them so tell me one i should watch :)

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 am

Classics? S.E. Lain; Fullmetal...; Kekkaishi...; R.O.D. the TV;...Curious Play; Flash Kicker..; etc and etc too many to name
    Modern....Death Note..<_< *tsk ; um um...those Bleach and Naruto crap...; Code Geass...; too many to name lol look up anime sites and see their reviews on new animes u will find out new animes like dat lol.
    PsychoxLetter
    PsychoxLetter

Post by PsychoxLetter Mon May 23, 2011 6:58 am

anyone here watched the blackrockshooter OVA ? o3o
    oh also, tokyo mew mew is a classic girly anime <":

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Just finished Kekkaishi. I will probably post a topic 2morrow such a touching anime...makes me nostalgic...wonder what I will watch next...hmmm how about...LAW OF UEKI!!! daaaaang didnt watch that crap since i was in 4th grade =3 ....AND LOOK AT THE TIME!!!! GOTTA DO HOMEWORK!!!!!!
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah Kekkaishi is a good one. I liked it a lot when I watched it, I am just not sure if I will watch it again or not.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sat May 28, 2011 2:25 pm

I just finished watching a series. Kemono no Souja Erin

I don't know if I will ever watch it again, but it wasn't bad. It's story isn't really exciting, and it didn't have the greatest graphics. But it was sort of touching in the end.

I can't really say any thing against it, except maybe the odd little animations that are here and there whenever monsters are destroying stuff.
    Daku chidori

Post by Daku chidori Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 am

I have 2 ongoing animes in thought there not new, they've been out for a while

Deadman Wonderland - New episodes every saturdays - If you dont like blood and violence... and complete randomness Don't search it ^^

Ao no excorcist - Idk when they get new episodes out there schedule is random its a good anime though.

Oh and may i suggest if your looking for a new anime to watch go on
    Animefreak.tv, Its a great website to look for new animes but realy crap when watching them or maybe its my PC-Not mac c:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A website to watch them is chia-anime.com someone suggested it on this topic but i cba to check :L, hope i helped ^^

Guest wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANTED: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Final Episode: 53 Dubbed
    REWARD: A bear hug from Sai.

eh this is effed up! EFFED UP!!! F***ing *** ***** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO WTF? After watching all these episodes my interest is peaked up and I get this? WAAAAAAT TEEE FUGDGE MAN! THIS IS FIRETRUCKING FRUSTRATION YOU HEAR ME?????????? e.e

ehehe T_T" EDIT:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
    Episode Completed: 52 (Ongoing)

well....this is humiliating for me e.e""" Ignore my post ....hmph! ***

Looks like I got no other option but watch subbed version till episode 64 AAARGHH! NO! >_< and they said ep 53 itself was not coming out until 2months pass by WAT TE FUDGE! erm....

Or you could watch a version where its not dubbed but in chinese or whatever language they use .. not being racist i just dont know, and im sorry if i get subbed and dubbed mixed up :p
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Tue May 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Crap man. I got excited but then you said no macs =(

For future reference, try refraining from chain posting. Just edit your last post. I had a habit of doing that before, too =P
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:44 pm

I just finished one called Serai No Morbito. I added it to my watch again list.

Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Finished another series today (I went fishing with my Dad today and then watched anime all day).

Koi Kaze. This anime is a touching love story that might have been on my watch again list if not for one minor detail. The ones in love are siblings. bleaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...../e proceeds to clean up the nasty mess she just made.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:09 pm