Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+2
Sold Out
Gloria of Greenguard
6 posters

Another Summer Story

Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

Another Summer Story Empty Another Summer Story

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 pm

When I went for my back packing trip, my parents signed me and themselves up for working out at the YMCA and for me to take swimming lessons. I did not find out about this till I got home and they told me I was signed up for these things.

I love to swim. I have loved swimming for as long as I can remember, I have just always kinda sucked at it. I could swim under water pretty well. And I could do a really fast crawl stroke....as long as I held my breath, and I knew the back stroke....sorta. So why do I need swimming lessons?...well......I never did find out how to breath while I was swimming, meaning I have always been restricted to rather shallow water, especially since I sink like a rock which makes treading water useless for me.

Any ways. I started taking swimming lessons a couple weeks ago. And they have been going well, I just got back from my fourth lesson.

My swim class is divided into two groups. One group starts with the very basics, meaning how to do the crawl stroke and how to breath while doing it. One of the end goals of this class was to get every one swimming three pool lengths without having to stop. The second group is for people who already know how to do the crawl stroke and breath. The second class is starting to work on the breast stroke and side stroke, and one of the end goals is to be able to swim three hundred yards before stopping (twelve pool lengths).

I was originally put in the very beginner class and could hardly make it twenty feet without stopping. But at the beginning of the fourth lesson (tonight's lesson) the instructor told us to start trying to swim pool lengths and I managed to do four lengths without stopping (one hundred yards). When the instructor saw this, he told me he might have to transfer me to the second class.

After the instructor told me this, I proceeded to swim another two lengths and he promptly switched me over.

All this to say. Swimming lessons are going great and I seem to learn quick.....ish. I won't be competing any time soon, but I am getting better, and I am having fun.

P.S. Hey Pip. If you see this post. Don't bother replying. I already know. It is too long and you are not going to read it X-)
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Another Summer Story Empty Re: Another Summer Story

Post by Sold Out Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 am

It is always great to see you share your thoughts on simple, everyday life things, Gloria. It's a nice way to get your mind off things.

Congratulations on making it to group II. 12 pool lengths won't be as easy as it should be, mah dear. But I always considered myself more of a diver guy; I seem to be not bad at it. Plus, I can stand upright in a lot of pools, as I'm rather tall.

Is it an indoors pool? The temperatures have been falling like heck in the last few weeks, so that might be a good idea. ^^ Our local outside pool takes fresh spring water anyway, which ends up in you freezing to death.
    PsychoxLetter
    PsychoxLetter

Post by PsychoxLetter Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:41 pm

I do love swimming. <3 a while ago I used to be really good at it and did a mean butterfly, but idk I forgot how to do the butterfly now.
    I love swimming underwater. Especially doing flips underwater.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:00 am

Try diving. It's weird at first but then you get used to it. Unless you suddenly get a gulp of seawater. No one can get used to that.
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Xin Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm

I can flip off a diving board.

Then drown.

Then get saved by a smokin' hot lifeguard.

Then I wake up from my dream ;)
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeah it's an indoor pool. It is way to warm for my tastes though. I haven't really ran into water that was to cold for me yet. You know how mountain streams are cold enough to be painful as soon as you step in them? My nieces and I once had a competition to see who could stay in one of those the longest. We found that even though it was that cold we still acclimated to it after around fifteen minutes or so.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah, you get used to them. I never thought of ours' as painful, yet it's freezing when you go into them first and you should get out of the water once in a while, but you can well spend your whole day there. Assuming it's warm outside.

Oh, and NKDZ, I love the taste of seawater.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 am

Yeah...Sold...I'm sure nothing tastes better than the taste of someone shoving cold pee down your throat. The damn micro-shit in the seawater bite.
    PsychoxLetter
    PsychoxLetter

Post by PsychoxLetter Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:27 am

Having a gulp of seawater is nasty, it always happens when I like fail at bodyboarding and go underwater and almost drown ugughhhh. It gets in your eyes too.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 am

NKDZ wrote:Yeah...Sold...I'm sure nothing tastes better than the taste of someone shoving cold pee down your throat. The damn micro-shit in the seawater bite.

Have fun the next time you go to a pool, it's gonna be actual... yep.
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 am

well too bad bitch i readed it LULZ
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am

pipoca77 wrote:well too bad bitch i readed it LULZ

Good, then you will be able to tell us what the targets of group 2 are, rite, Pippykins?
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am

m3yb3h
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Xin Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:30 pm

What the hell? You guys think your pools are bad?

Around once a day we have some short mother fucker shitting in the pools and someone diving right into it, telling the lifeguard, closing down the pool, fish for turds, give it one last scrub and re-open it after an hour.

My local pools suck.

I win :)
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:35 am

One of the YMCA's swimming classes was canceled for that exact reason. >X-p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 pm