Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+2
Xin
Sold Out
6 posters

[Chapter 0] - A lost world - A fantastic land

LumosPriori
    LumosPriori

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

[Chapter 0] - A lost world - A fantastic land - Page 2 Empty Re: [Chapter 0] - A lost world - A fantastic land

Post by LumosPriori Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:28 am

I was only joking :'(
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

[Chapter 0] - A lost world - A fantastic land - Page 2 Empty Re: [Chapter 0] - A lost world - A fantastic land

Post by Sold Out Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 am

Don't worry, I was talking to Castle.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Lol, Lumo...you and Sold crack me up.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:04 pm

I've grown attached to him. Sold, remember.. Gloria and I are going to become best friends.. So..
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Just friends? -.-" C'mon bro. Add some flavour to the story.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Xin, if Gloria and I decide that, I refuse to turn into a human again. So.. Gloria would forever be without kids.. But she'd still have me. I'd be fine with it. But her and I have talked about it. If you can all make her change mind...
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 am

Why can't you have kids? Supernatural humans?
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 am

Uhh.. Sure. If Gloria wants.
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 am

i readed and i must say , this is better than the 80-121 pages books that teatchers make us read once a month v.v
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 am

Reading all that with the backing song accompanying was just so visual. The slight touch of the keys in the piano melodies combined with the echoey back sounds, plus the magical feelings brought on through the soft, wind-swept and relaxing tale itself just about paints a masterpiece in your head.

Now this is awesome.
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 am

Ranger 50 wrote:Reading all that with the backing song accompanying was just so visual. The slight touch of the keys in the piano melodies combined with the echoey back sounds, plus the magical feelings brought on through the soft, wind-swept and relaxing tale itself just about paints a masterpiece in your head.

Now this is awesome.

like my neighbour said "thats deep shit right there, bro " lmao
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 am

@ Ranger Thanks, man. You're waaay supportive about everything. xD Even though I like the story here, it's not perfect; sometimes the topic changes are too abrupt, words repeat, the stories switch to radically, etc. etc., but ... Thanks. I gave it my best anyway.

The song is actually an arrange of ZUN's first song. I figured the "I want to go back" feeling would give me a pretty good inspiration for the text. Music really helps getting my mind right; maybe that's why I usually ain't that big a fan of vocals. I just think instruments are so much better at conveying emotions. For me, a sad song has got way more effect when it's instrumental than it has when someone sings "I'm sad."

@ Castle & Xin: Supernatural children?
    ... You still don't get what I'm on about, do you? The idea is that in the end, Castle gets his body back (or not. Beware: There's gonna be a sh*tstorm from Lenra in the story if you decline.) and AFTER that, you know, as an EPILOGUE, AFTER THE THING IS FINISHED, Gloria would take care of Castle as he doesn't know where to go now, and then they might fall in love. Yes, the falling in love/ one ages, the other doesn't thing is still what I consider a perfect ending, but I didn't say you would have to bring kids or anything into it. Sheesh.

The thing is: You have, up until now, said that your character tries to keep away from feelings like friendship, etc. . But the problem here is: That defines your character; the only reason you join up is personal, neutral interest. So why would you have a dog? That's out of character and hard to fit in. And kind of impeding progress; both for the writing and for the party.

I mean, in my eyes - I don't know how others see it; correct me if I'm wrong -, the only reason you think you would decline that final offer and the reason you want a dog is "Because it's cool". In itself, that isn't a problem; we all want our characters to be cool. But once you make a character, you need to think about how that character would feel. I guess I also don't get why your character would think "it's cool to look like that, and that's why I wanna stay that way", either. From an entirely logical standpoint, your character would - again in my opinion - see that the more common but still immortal human body has got more advantages. Plus, as far as I know, your character is just plain suppressing his feelings as good as he can.

Anyway, the dog thing just confuses me. It's not that much the problems with your character that bug me, but the fact that it's near impossible to properly include it into a running storyline. The characters move around places a lot, we get into fights more than once or twice, and you would always have to mention it with meticulous detail. The other thing doesn't really matter, because the whole story is - at it's current pace - nevar gonna be finished anyway. And even when it finally comes to that, it's still a long time from now. So why discuss the ending before we even started up the plot?

Last edited by Sold Out on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:39 am

I'll take the Storm.
    I have yet to think of a Good reason to stay as I am.. but that'll come later. Like you said, why discuss it now? I still am determined to stay as I am. >:l

Forget the pet puppy, I was joking in the first place until you offered.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am

Wait, Castle. Please read my revised cut of the answer; I tweaked it a bit. Hope that helps you understand my thought process in this.

But yes, Castle is your character, and that's why the choice is yours'. I still want to promote my idea, of course, but it's your decision. I might be a horrible person, but I won't take that choice from you.

Plus, I think it would fit Lenra if she called you an idiot after that decision.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

I Personally like the WHOLE idea, OTHER than my turning human again.. I like what I am now. I haven't found a way to describe why, or explain it. Since you want that idea, and I want my form to remain.. why not meet in the middle?
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 am

Love could be Castle's weakness.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 am

Lol, xin. No comment on that one.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 am

It could make him mortal and once he's not lovestruck he'll be immortal again :D
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 am

/le facepalm?
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 am

As I said.. Sold, lets meet in the middle somehow?
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Off topic note:

@Castle:

Happy 1111th post.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:03 pm

The idea is that Lenra gets offered immort and you get offered a way more practical body. Further details can come when we write about the actual thing way in the future. And at that point, maybe your opinion will change.

I still think that your dood wants to stay as he is because it's "kewl to look like thiiiiis". ~.~

Anyway, that doesn't matter now. We need to get started. Even though Glo is currently away and she will be for a further while, we gotta start very soon.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 pm

OR, my character enjoys his powers, and can't handle making his own portals as a human? Something. I don't know. But no, I probably won't.

EDIT: Thanks Xin. :D

Last edited by Castle on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:41 pm

It's fine; he's your character. :/

Plus, I can always write an alternative, additional ending for myself. xo

Last edited by Sold Out on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Well, if you come up with a good reason that you like on why I want to stay as I am.. Then I'll go with it. Other than that.. you'll have to do the alternative.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 pm