Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

5 posters

He who Revolutionised the World's Technology

Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

He who Revolutionised the World's Technology Empty He who Revolutionised the World's Technology

Post by Ranger 50 Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 am

Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

You shall be remembered.

He who Revolutionised the World's Technology Steve-Jobs-RIP-Apple-2
    Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

He who Revolutionised the World's Technology Empty Re: He who Revolutionised the World's Technology

Post by Castle Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:10 am

RIP Steve, you'll be missed. You created some great things, but your worst invention of all was the iDied. :c
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

He who Revolutionised the World's Technology Empty Re: He who Revolutionised the World's Technology

Post by Ranger 50 Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:24 am

Sold Out wrote:Yes, yes, very harsh words and so on, but hey, all you fans know that he's now watching from his iCloud. ^^

LOL.

Well, to me he wasn't really a celebrity, just this dude who pretty much made my iPhone which I use to a huge extent every day. And it was just out of respect to him, I mean come on all you Windows fans can say what you want but he did bring some pretty sweet sht00fz to the computing industry through Apple.
    And it's quite a shame how he had to die at such an early age.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:27 am

Well, no, I removed these words for now, I pretty much phrased it in a pretty damn offensive manner, and that's not what I wanted to do either.

Eeeeh, just wanted to all-in-all say that he did well, didn't die young nor old, and hey, Apple *did* create the first smart phone. On the other hand, he didn't revolutionize anything and eeeh... celebrity deaths are just, I dunno, so... go find a word for it for me, will ya?
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:31 am

From my perspective he wasn't much of a celebrity. Compare him to Bill Gates and he's pretty much unknown in all but the technology world. But saying he didn't revolutionise anything...? Well, he might not have in a sense but still, the iPhone was one of the world's first and the world's best smartphones where all the other tech giants decided to imitate... And now with the 4S even more so, Siri and all the rest of it.
    PsychoxLetter
    PsychoxLetter

Post by PsychoxLetter Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:09 pm

I actually couldn't care less.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:55 pm

PsychoxLetter wrote:
    I actually couldn't care less.

That's the words I was looking for. Thank ye.

The thing that bothered me the most about Steve is the fact that he ditched his mates who helped him develop the stuff, and the smartphone after all was made by his company. Yet the credit goes to the boss of the company himself only
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:39 am

Sold Out wrote:The thing that bothered me the most about Steve is the fact that he ditched his mates who helped him develop the stuff

Well yeah I agree with you Sold on that one; Wozniak had developed an advanced version of the original Pong game which Altari's CEO took an instant like to, asking if the company could buy that game. Jobs was in on it too, but seeing as Jobs was in better connection with the head of Altari, he received the money from selling Woz's game, and told him that he'd give half of what he received to him. Woz received $375 from Jobs (Jobs had told him he had been paid $750 altogether, so there was a fair split) when later he found out Altari had paid him $5000 for the game.

Well, Jobs has passed and now it'll be fun watching Apple deal without their CEO, which in my opinion will be quite a good improvement.
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Xin Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:45 pm

My hero

'Nuff said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 pm