Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

5 posters

Random thoughts, crossing through my mind.

Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Random thoughts, crossing through my mind. Empty Random thoughts, crossing through my mind.

Post by Sold Out Tue May 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Hehe, I thought I would share my thoughts with you. Most of it is pointless rambling, but I felt like it. I also first wanted to send a shorter version of this to Ranger, because he's the only guy I would expect to see an answer from. Most of it is Touhou stuff, but I just felt like getting it off my mind. Just writing down my thoughts. You don't have to know Touhou - which is my favorite thing ever - in order to follow this with a bit of interest (I hope, at least). But maybe you will get a little peek at why I love it so much. I'll just post some of the beautiful Piano covers and tell you what I'm thinking. Listen to them while you read, I think you might like them.

Ranger, what happened to that "Deaf to all but the Song" arrange you were training for, actually? Just a question, I'm curious. I know you're great with the piano, even though I haven't seen/ heard you play anything yet. I know the level of your songs and I know you won contests. It's still my favorite song & character in one, which you started to train just like that. Next to "Night Bird", of course, which is Mystia's other theme. Two beautiful songs for a beautiful character with a sad backstory. The story of Mystia Lorelei, who was unable to do anything but sing. And her song turns people blind; they run away from her.

"Deaf to all but the Song"... Mystia's semi-irresistible song... [Not the Piano cover Ranger has started trying; sadly, this one has got no sheets for fans to play it at home.]
    This song is truly peaceful. Inner peace, I always seem to lack that. I guess that's what's going to kill me one day.
    But not only is it peaceful, but a bit sorrowful. This song is meant to tell a story. Not the happiest of all stories, but not the saddest of them all. This is, indeed, my favorite version of my favorite song. It's just plain amazing. All the fans are just people who heard ZUN's original songs in the games, along with a few general drawings and a lot of bullets to dodge. But what was made of it is what I would like paradise to be. I kid you not, I am that addicted to this quaint little fantasy world that I would like to have my afterlife there. It might be insane, but that's just me.

... Yeah, I'm sure you noticed that I kinda am annoying you with this because I can't chat with a good friend who recently left us. One of the coolest guys ever. And concerning things like TH, a good part of the people here couldn't care less, but that's fine. I don't think people will care that much, now that I posted my thoughts publicly, either.

I also wanted to add a song which just sounds plain beautiful. Cosmic Mind - Byakuren Hijiri's theme.
    Ah yes, Byakuren. The lotus flower, the Youkai savior, the ex-human who took a turn into selflessness... Did you know that Lenra is loosely based on her? Even her outfit has got too many similarities, and then we have gradient hair. Oh my. I still tried my best to keep my character as original as possible.

Ah yes, this one has got sheet music, too. Plus, it sounds much better than the last one.

It sounds so calming and peaceful while still giving you that vibe which just makes you want to get up and... I don't know. Become a savior like Byakuren? It just has got this majestic feel to it, allover. Not the pompous kind you would adorn with gold, but the kind that you combine with a feeling of someone risen into godhood. Did you know that people dubbed Byakuren the "Youkai Jesus", because she was locked away for hundreds of years, just because she wanted to save the Youkai in Gensokyo's early days, when humans still tried to remove the Youkai from this world...

I also got myself some ZUN album MP3s. For those who don't already know, he is the 1-man creator of Touhou, it's music and it's characters. Did you know that the guy actually released albums of music with storybooks and characters based on the songs? I just love how the process is reversed in ZUN's case. He makes the music first, and then he filters out the essence of it and creates a character. Sure, always female and Anime-fied, but I guess that won't ever bother me. It's just amazing how these songs can tell stories so well. I don't know if other people see it like this and I don't know if that is why Touhou became so popular, but I can say one thing for sure: Without the music, Gensokyo, the one place in which the characters of Touhou live, with all the stories and the fan writings and the pure insane amount of epic artwork, wouldn't exist now. You wouldn't believe it if I showed you how many Touhou covers/ arranges I have, and you would even less believe the pure amount of fan arranges and fan art. TH has got more epic fan artworks than the Obama has eaten hot dinners.

Oh yeah, and another thing, the FA RPG... I hope you guys don't have any problems with my strict ways. I just want this to be perfect in a way that probably can't be achieved. I try to only take characters that are balanced out very well and fit to the world. And I haven't even really described the world yet, but I will, soon. Gloria, your character is a really strange but somehow interesting-to-read mix of things you would see in Anime and sad drama at the same time, almost too close to life. Don't forget we're just a random bunch of heroes in a random fantasy world. Ranger, I like your char and I hope we will make a great team as the main writers. We need a Head Honcho, after all. Now, I won't give off a comment to everyone concerning the FA RPG. But the fact that I didn't mention you doesn't mean you are less important in my eyes. No, not at all. I need all of you here. I like this forum. It's kinda comfy, in a weird Internet-y way. Hehe, others spend the same amount of time I sit at the computer in order to fulfill their lives.

I personally should be doing a number of things right now. Do sports, find friends, get a girlfriend, work on the three requested pictures. Maybe I should add the ground rules to the FA RPG... I really hoped to make some descriptions of countrysides, worlds, etc. with our now-gone friend. I looked forward to seeing his pictures. I think we would've made a good team in that respect. [I don't know how to draw landscapes. I also don't know how to draw people. I do know how to make unprofessional - not horrible, but not good - colorizations. I can somewhat turn drawings into lineart.

It's true, I would kill for artistic talent and drawing skills. Man, being like one of these Japanese artist overlords would be so awesome. They are gods among men.

Okay, I am starting to lose my writing momentum now. That's why I will stop at this point.

Oh, and sorry for taking your precious time. I just felt like typing something up which wasn't about the FA RPG. Plus, if I posted this in the Touhou thread, I don't think anyone would give a darn. Hmm... Maybe you had some fun reading through this. Probably not. I didn't really know whether to put this in the writing section or the General Discussion. In the end, I just decided to put this in Writing, since it's gonna be some time until someone actually adds texts here.
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Random thoughts, crossing through my mind. Empty Re: Random thoughts, crossing through my mind.

Post by Xin Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm

You have alot of thoughts on your mind. I'll read when I have the time =3

And I'll be posting Xin's story sometime soon:

...since it's gonna be some time until someone actually adds texts here.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

Random thoughts, crossing through my mind. Empty Re: Random thoughts, crossing through my mind.

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 am

Let me know when it is time to think up creatures for the RPG world. I have a couple ideas I could throw out there.
    rtx_zero84

Squad : Invictus

Post by rtx_zero84 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 am

I actually just read all of that, all I can think is Touhou, Touhou, Touhou.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:52 am

Yeah, I know it's been ages since you gave me those sheets and I decided to make an arrangement or even play+record them, but our piano broke (the inside got effed up, I have no idea how but it happened when my dad accidentally tipped it over when we were moving it from the living room to my room. We ordered a new one but it's taken some time to arrive, I think in the next few weeks probs?

Sorry about that Sold, I should have given you an update on the situation but I completely forgot about it.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 am

rtx_zero84 wrote:I actually just read all of that, all I can think is Touhou, Touhou, Touhou.

Don't say I didn't warn ya. :>

By the way, what did you people think of the songs?
    I guess that question only makes sense for people who appreciate piano music. =w=

Too bad your piano is broken. Will you get a replacement? Would be a darn shame if you didn't.

Also, just for the lulz:

Would you be able to play that? x3
    By the way, the little girl in that picture is a demon with no regrets when it comes to death and destruction. Go figure, her theme is called "Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss". The storylines in the earlier games were actually quite complicated and beautiful, as well as dark, as far as I heard. I need to check them out myself, soon. Apparently it was kill or be killed back in the pre-windows games, but I don't know if that's true. All I can say for sure is that characters always get a lovable story and character, which makes it so much harder. :>
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Xin Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm

I'll help you with that, Gloria.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:52 am