Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+4
Gloria of Greenguard
Xin
Sold Out
pipoca77
8 posters

Creepypasta Thread

pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Creepypasta Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Creepypasta Thread

Post by pipoca77 Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:53 am

-Sold i'm doing you a favor deleting all this yugioh related stuff, honestly i don't give a damn anymore.-

Last edited by pipoca77 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 am

I like the robot with the giant boob and the rocket-dicks.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:28 am

Now that we're back from the topic of our censoring companies being pussies... Pippykins, you should really read this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Might keep you busy for a while. I know it certainly kept me so, and some of the stuff is very interesting.

And now, the holy grail of video game creepy legends, the cracked.com top 8! ... Okay, not really the holy grail. Not even that special. But still a lot of fun to read through.

pipoca77
    pipoca77

Post by pipoca77 Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:06 am

YAS SAR IM READIN ALL THAT LIKE A COMPEWTARD
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Post by pipoca77 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am

Hey sold any suggestions on some creepy shit to read? I wanna have sleeping problems again.

(Unrelated to creepy just unusual) Also, here's a video in which the audio continues after the actual video ends.

Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am

I'll keep my eyes open for the stuff. I've still got some up my sleeve.

I might double post soon, for content reasons.
    Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Castle Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 am

Double post? Why do that when you can have me in the middle?
    Because I'm here to be a useless double post prevent-or-anator!
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Post by pipoca77 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 am

i double posted to bump this thread back to the top so it gets noticed again.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Let's start out nice and simple with a top 5 of well-made clips that I really enjoyed.

The things I'll post now aren't exactly text-heavy, so I decided to make my posts instead. maybe you'll learn something today, too, because two of the the three things here are rather informative. :>

And now, kids, we're going to take a trip through what is called *history*, friends. The following things are more curious than scary or anything, but I like 'em.

Numero uno: Pest Doctors

The "Pest" Doctors are more known under the alias of plague doctors. They were 1650s followers of the medical profession - second rate physicians, young doctors trying to establish themselves...

Like their name implies, they took care of the sufferers of the plague, trying to heal them, taking away pain as well as they could - and so on. While their task was not rare and mostly deadly, what people all seem to remember are their masks. Back in that time period, there was a common theory - the theory that diseases get transmitted by smells (known as the miasmatic theory). And that was why the Pest Doctors wore extra thick protective clothing and a face mask, created to mimic the shape of a long-beaked bird - which, in combination with the pale grey of the masks and the dark colors of their robes gave us a sight that few ever were not at least a little disturbed by.

Picture of a German Pest Doctor.

And a very impressive remake, made with impressive craftsmanship for Halloween reasons.

Number two: "There will come soft rains"

This animation is something I stumbled across a good while ago, and it is one of the eeriest things I have seen in a while - it really makes you think.

But first, a bit of background info: The animation "There will come soft rains", or to quote its original name "Будет ласковый дождь", is a Russian animation made in the 1950s. It is based on a very short story of the same name, and shows the world after a nuclear war has destroyed everything. In the animation, you have a robot taking care of a family, all the members of which try to survive in a nuclear winter - and what you get to see is the sight of their part of the world after the last bomb struck.

The windows are broken, and the robot does what it is supposed to - follow its routine. No matter how things are around him.

Now what makes it so special, except for the obvious symbolism here and there, are the historical implications. Imagine you were stuck in the 1950s Russia and you want to show this bleak vision of the future. You, of course, won't be allowed to create a piece that shows the destruction of your homeland - not when things are this tense. If the creators stuck with Moscow as the place this takes place in, they might have been considered enemies of the state.

This leads to the artists and author expressing their fears by picking America as the continent the video takes place in. What must have been the most shocking to many people back then, and probably would have started an infinite controversy nowadays was one particular scene. I would recommend you to watch the video first - you should be able to see what would cause the controversy today. And what would cause a controversy today would have caused a geopolitical uproar back then - IF it had been spread as easily as data and information are nowadays.
    You will know exactly which scene I mean - and I'll give you a hint. It's something the robot does towards the last minutes of the of the video. Feel free to ask if you don't know after you're done watching.

pipoca77
    pipoca77

Post by pipoca77 Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Alright the thing that could shock people the most was either the robot destroying jesus christ and the robot causing another nuclear explosion.

I liked the video, it kinda... touched me deep at some point...

Except for:

Alright i get it.

Last edited by pipoca77 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:48 pm

pipoca77 wrote:"The cock has long since crowded"-2:11 of the russian video

Son, I am disappointed.

Cock, in this context, serves as another word for rooster. It's also "crowed", because they do that in the morning, during sunrise.
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Post by pipoca77 Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 am

i edited it.

Edit: To something more constructive =P
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 am

It's fine, dude. But thank you either way.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:31 am

meh. The scariest thing i've ever been near in terms of creepypasta is that scary maze game that gives 4 year old's post-traumatic-stress.

Wait, is that even creepypasta? What is the definition of creepypasta? o.o
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:32 am

Take yourself a few minutes out of your time and be amazed reading through our things here.

Creepypasta is any creepy story, really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 2:33 pm