Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+4
Ranger 50
Xin
Gloria of Greenguard
pipoca77
8 posters

god hates the world? wtf?

Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

god hates the world? wtf? - Page 2 Empty Re: god hates the world? wtf?

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 pm

I am also protestant. Fairly conservative.
    Mezkiel
    Mezkiel

Post by Mezkiel Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Ranger 50 wrote:Rofl, Mez, you are quite narrow-minded for a 13 year old. Then again, when I was 13 I was kinda the same.

Oh and btw, you kinda messed up what you were trying to say:

Mezkiel wrote:in 13 years i haven't met a single chrisitian whos thought policy was "If you cant disprove it it can exist!" <<<<That is the poorest example of logic i can think of

So.. What's your point? Who's side are you taking? Lol?

I know that was a mistake in terms of phrase sense.

Well, speaking as a Christian from birth, let me tell you that although it is but belief, a lot of what we do believe does come from unexpected, spiritual and non-logical evidence. Yeah that's right. Evidence. Not the kind of fingerprint/DNA/Science-record type of evidence. We pray, and we are answered. Not all the time. But it happens.
    Obviously you'll probably think that's a load of bullshiz. But it's our belief. Our opinion. Our view.

The fact that you are opposed to Christianity doesn't mean that you have solid, reasonable proof that God doesn't exist. Oh, but then we come to your argument that a lot of us base our counters on the fact that Atheists can't disprove a God doesn't exist, therefore it has to be taken into account that it does, but that's the way of life. What, you think there is solid proof that the Big Bang happened? That minute particles, seemingly from nowhere, or from singularities - the cores of areas of intense gravitational pressure (or black holes as they're more commonly known) - defying the human's most advanced understanding of astrological physics managed to spring open into the universe?

Come on.

But if a God exists - and I believe that He does - then perhaps we can trust Him for the explanations. What God originated from, how He came to being, or how He created the universe and so on we don't know. Why? Because we are beings inside a world He created, therefore we cannot think outside that world. Try and imagine something without the concept of time applied to it. Can you? No. Why? Because the universe rotates on time. We are of the universe, therefore we cannot think outside the universe therefore the non-existent concept of time cannot be comprehended by us.

There are just some things that nobody can know about but God. He breathed life into us and created the world for us, and only He can know all the answers.

Crap, I met wasn't xD

Frankly i feel that there can't really be a universe without a creator, especially when you look at what newton said "Every action has a an equal and opposite reaction" This means that everything is part of a chain of events and this chain NEEDS a starting point without a creation. And thats the only reason i can see the need for a god... Its just foolish acts like.

And i was Christan from birth and only recently have i looked at my (previous) faith and gone, Wait a minute! This is book contains so much hypocritical bull shit its unbelievable...

I'm saying a lack of evidence is NOT evidence it exist, take para- religion this is when people point out the stupidity of that logic using The flying purple spaghetti monster which because we cant disprove it CAN exist!

Lets ignore this universal negative for an instance, lets look at the scriptures!

"I've read them and need some help I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)"

*AWAITS REPLY*
    Mezkiel
    Mezkiel

Post by Mezkiel Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 pm

XinWarrior wrote:Ranger you eat the Eucharist?

Anooooooooooooooooooooooooother thing.

How many of you know that tradition of eating the eucharist is exactly the same as The old Egyptians celebrated the resurrection of Osiris by a sacrament of unleavened bread?

also the first pope was not paul but Constantine.
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:13 am

Mezkiel wrote:
    XinWarrior wrote:Ranger you eat the Eucharist?

Anooooooooooooooooooooooooother thing.

How many of you know that tradition of eating the eucharist is exactly the same as The old Egyptians celebrated the resurrection of Osiris by a sacrament of unleavened bread?

also the first pope was not paul but Constantine.

i do that evry weekend
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:22 am

Mezkiel wrote:
    Ranger 50 wrote:Rofl, Mez, you are quite narrow-minded for a 13 year old. Then again, when I was 13 I was kinda the same.

Oh and btw, you kinda messed up what you were trying to say:

Mezkiel wrote:in 13 years i haven't met a single chrisitian whos thought policy was "If you cant disprove it it can exist!" <<<<That is the poorest example of logic i can think of

So.. What's your point? Who's side are you taking? Lol?

I know that was a mistake in terms of phrase sense.

Well, speaking as a Christian from birth, let me tell you that although it is but belief, a lot of what we do believe does come from unexpected, spiritual and non-logical evidence. Yeah that's right. Evidence. Not the kind of fingerprint/DNA/Science-record type of evidence. We pray, and we are answered. Not all the time. But it happens.
    Obviously you'll probably think that's a load of bullshiz. But it's our belief. Our opinion. Our view.

The fact that you are opposed to Christianity doesn't mean that you have solid, reasonable proof that God doesn't exist. Oh, but then we come to your argument that a lot of us base our counters on the fact that Atheists can't disprove a God doesn't exist, therefore it has to be taken into account that it does, but that's the way of life. What, you think there is solid proof that the Big Bang happened? That minute particles, seemingly from nowhere, or from singularities - the cores of areas of intense gravitational pressure (or black holes as they're more commonly known) - defying the human's most advanced understanding of astrological physics managed to spring open into the universe?

Come on.

But if a God exists - and I believe that He does - then perhaps we can trust Him for the explanations. What God originated from, how He came to being, or how He created the universe and so on we don't know. Why? Because we are beings inside a world He created, therefore we cannot think outside that world. Try and imagine something without the concept of time applied to it. Can you? No. Why? Because the universe rotates on time. We are of the universe, therefore we cannot think outside the universe therefore the non-existent concept of time cannot be comprehended by us.

There are just some things that nobody can know about but God. He breathed life into us and created the world for us, and only He can know all the answers.

Crap, I met wasn't xD

Frankly i feel that there can't really be a universe without a creator, especially when you look at what newton said "Every action has a an equal and opposite reaction" This means that everything is part of a chain of events and this chain NEEDS a starting point without a creation. And thats the only reason i can see the need for a god... Its just foolish acts like.

And i was Christan from birth and only recently have i looked at my (previous) faith and gone, Wait a minute! This is book contains so much hypocritical bull shit its unbelievable...

I'm saying a lack of evidence is NOT evidence it exist, take para- religion this is when people point out the stupidity of that logic using The flying purple spaghetti monster which because we cant disprove it CAN exist!

Lets ignore this universal negative for an instance, lets look at the scriptures!

"I've read them and need some help I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)"

*AWAITS REPLY*

who the fk would burn animals as sacrifices tot he lord idk but i alredy do that on YUGIOH its called ritual

you need to ritual sacrifice a monster with the apropriate card to ritual summon a stronger monster :P

EXAMPLE:

god hates the world? wtf? - Page 2 EndoftheWorldDR04-EN-C-UE

+ MONSTERS WHOSE TOTAL LEVEL ARE EQUAL TO THE RITUAL MONSTER LEVEL

TO RITUAL SUMMON!!!

This son of a bitch...

god hates the world? wtf? - Page 2 Demise%2CKingofArmageddonDR04-EN-SR

ik this post was kinda lame

PPL CANT U ALL FORGET ABOUT ALL THIS PLS? :/ its jsut a stupid video v.v''
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 am

Rofl, Mez, are you telling me you think the Bible should be taken word for word? Every thing it shows is exactly how it should be and sound?

Come on. You can't be serious.

Here's an example of what I mean.

In the first 7 days of the universe. God created the rivers, seas, mountains, deserts, trees, plants, etc, on the third day.
    On the fourth day, the day following, he created the sun, moon, stars etc.

How then, could plants be able to exist in a world without a sun? We all know, that according to biological sciences that plants cannot survive without sunlight.

Which means that the Bible isn't simply a book to be taken word for word, phrase for phrase. It is full of meanings, contexts and paraphrases.

Hence your web-leeched scripture analysation is completely invalid. There are many different meanings for various scriptures. Obviously someone decided to use the most basic and forwarded meanings to turn the scriptures against Christians, and portrayed them in a wrong manner.
    Fiana
    Fiana

Post by Fiana Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 am

Oh boy... not another science vs. religion fight... lol

First of all, I dont think many scientists even bother about disproving gods existence by means of physical evidence since religion and science are two completely different aspects.

About religion, there are always groups of religious people that goes too deep and becomes fanatics, it exist amongst all sorts ofgroups and just the way humans are.
    There are always misfits or those who claim to have seen the world through different eyes, let it me Islam, christian or even non-religious groups.
    With our free world we have to accept such group as they have just as much right as we have to be here, if not then what about demogracy?
    So all we can do is stick to our own belief and try as best as we can to be good.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:58 am

You do realize Exodus and Leviticus are books of history and not books of modern day law right? There were a lot of things that changed when Christ died. Also some of the laws God gave them may have been for health reasons. For a good example of the advantages of laws dealing with cleanliness. Look back at the plague. The Jews hardly suffered from it and people thought they started it because of that.

You have taken Leviticus 21:20 out of context. The passage that includes this verse is talking about special priests who bring the bread offering to the alter, and how they should be without blemish.

The selling of the Daughters: Family ties were horribly bad back then. Slavery is something man started not God. It wasn't till more recent times that slavery was looked at as being wrong. The passage that includes this issue is a law making sure that female slaves received just treatment and that masters who treated them wrongly got punished.

As to your friend who says its ok to enslave Mexicans but not Canadians.....He is being racist.

Sorry to extend this conversation Pip.
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Xin Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:27 am

lolwut?
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:32 am

god hates the world? wtf? - Page 2 12039510

Sheesh. Religious people should lay off their imaginary friends.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:38 am

Jerk
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 am

Gloria of Greenguard wrote:Jerk

EDIT: 208% Jerk
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Rofl, a bit far don't you think Sold. At least allow us to state our opinions without directly offensively contradicting them.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 pm

There aren't any rules stating we can't express our religious feelings. If we are at least trying to express them, don't hate.
    Mezkiel
    Mezkiel

Post by Mezkiel Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Sold Out wrote:god hates the world? wtf? - Page 2 12039510

Sheesh. Religious people should lay off their imaginary friends.

^^
    Fiana
    Fiana

Post by Fiana Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Why is it always the creation that everyone are speaking about when talking religion?
    In my understanding religion is more about ways of life rather than who created who, and its just something that religious people stick to because they then can say how great their god is.

Its a more than tousand years old story and we have a much more logical explanation on it today so why discuss it anyway?
    Mezkiel
    Mezkiel

Post by Mezkiel Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Fiana wrote:Why is it always the creation that everyone are speaking about when talking religion?
    In my understanding religion is more about ways of life rather than who created who, and its just something that religious people stick to because they then can say how great their god is.

Its a more than tousand years old story and we have a much more logical explanation on it today so why discuss it anyway?

several reasons. Mainly 'cause people are still hating over "My invisible man is better and bigger than your invisible man" :/
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 am

I have a bad feeling that this topic might start up some interclan conflict here - look at Sold's pic for evidence to that.

Let's just forget this. People have been arguing over the whole religion vs. atheist issue for a millenium. We ain't exactly going to bring light to one side of the debate any better than anybody else, so we might aswell drop it.

Locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:16 pm