Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+4
Xin
LumosPriori
Castle
Sold Out
8 posters

A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ!

Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ! Empty A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ!

Post by Sold Out Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 am

Okay, I want to start as soon as possible. When is as soon as possible? It's this week. But first, there are a few points we have to discuss.

First off, great work so far, guys. We'll get this rolling now! But first, there are a few things we have to clear up. The support writers (Xin, Lumo) are free to take part in the discussion, as well as our main writers (Castle, Ranger, me, Gloria, NKDZ). I really hope this won't be too boring for you. Sorry to steal your precious time.

Characters for now are:

• Lenra
    • Castle
    • Dave
    • (Gloria) (Will join up later on.)
    • (Strafe Kayoz) (NKDZ' is doing... something right now. He'll join up later on.)
    • Sediera (Sorry, the character is gone. If someone without a character wants to refine his story and continue using him, tell me.)

A proper start:

Okay, the characters are in the tavern. Since all of you wrote your own characters, I want to hear some motivations from you guys:

• Why would your character join the little group?

- Possible reasons:

Lenra is always on the lookout and wants to figure out how to become immortal. (Points of interest: Castle; finding immortality; finding obscure items/"Loot"; wanting to find out more about herself. Possible Youkai background?)

Castle is just curious about Lenra, and since the guys obviously has feelings, Castle mentioned that he might have a kind of a bad conscience. (Points of interest: Lenra, who is unusual; a protective instinct towards Gloria (later in the story); needs people around after what he did. Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Dave is completely lost right now. He doesn't know where he is, he shot someone, he isn't from this world. (Points of interest: Lost; needs people around; doesn't know what to do; needs a place to crash. (Lenra's house is always open for a visitor to stay.)

Gloria is a character where I don't really know anything. I know the backstory, that she broke out and the fact that she's currently working in the tavern. (Points of interest: I have no idea and we can't ask her for now.)

Strafe 'Dante' Kayoz (NKDZ' character): No motivations given, only a fraction of the backstory, too. Character is unfinished and will join the group later on. (Possible motivations: No clue.)

• Gloria won't be back for quiiiite a while. Should we...

a) find a way for her to meet the group later on?
      b) return to the that hamlet of a village later for some reason?
      c) try to include her anyway? (Not recommended; we don't really know how and why the character would act.)?

As you can see, there is no perfect reason, but we need to start. But like I said, Glo's gonna be away for *quite* a while.

• How will this be written?

Okay, guys. This right here is the most important part. I opened a thread about it at some point, but I didn't really get any replies. So here's my proposal: We meet regularly (maybe once a week?) at a certain time AND/OR in topics (this method might make it easier if you aren't lazy), I give you a rundown on what happens in this chapter and you tell me what your choices and dialogue will be, as well as things you came up with. I will then pack it up and write it down as a proper chapter, with maybe Ranger doing some of that, too, since he probably is the best writer in here. That way we get a consistent writing style and you still have freedom. I might start up a discussion with you, depending on what ideas you have, but I will try to restrain myself. This is a team-project, after all. Feel free to suggest your own sidestories and all those things.

• Quick overview of character-skills:

I will open a few discussion points in order to balance the characters better, in order to fit them in better.

Lenra: Energy magic. Pure energy blasts, mostly. White, eerily glowing. Both in the shapes of magic missiles and a concentrated laser. Also, defensive magic: Arcane circles: drawn in the air, they will have a shielding effect. They are weak in comparison to other things. Her spells hit stronger on enemies with magical weaknesses and weaker on ones with high resistances. The resistances may be completely different from the physical ones.

Castle:The group's only melee-fighter, since we lost our swordsman character (Sediera). Physically tough, he uses his claws to slash and stab his enemies. He can use his portals to teleport in a short distance (a few metres. ~ 10 or so.) He is only able to open them in an open area and not in the ground. Discussion point: Portals need to be opened in his field of view, unless he knows exactly what's behind an obstacle in his field of view. I made this rule up just now, but I think it's a good one. Helps in the writing process. Seriously. That way, our way can still be blocked by things, while Castle is able to teleport behind an enemy. I want to hear the other people's opinions on this. He's always open to open a portal linked to a point he previously visited (by setting a marker; he can only set X many markers. Maybe 5 or so, plus one for the nothingness his rings use. That means the demonworld, the village or Lenra's chamber of oddities, etc. That might just make a good reason for us to pick Gloria back up later on. Discussion point #2: Only Castle can pass through the portals. That might just work well with the guy declining the final reward we discussed as a possible ending. This does not apply to the bigger portals related to previously placed markers. Castle is fast, but his "teleporting" is based on his movement speed. Two portals can be linked, just like in the game "Portal".

Dave is a gunner. Two pistols, revolver style. I will quote his char page for this, he wrote it very well. Maybe reduce the minute timers for the explosion and the split bullets? On the other hand, you've got multiple ones in every barrel.
      When the "R" on the cane is pushed down, and the sphere rotated anticlockwise then clockwise, cane transforms into dual revolvers with several functions attached to the barrel.
      F1: Shoots normal bullets but with unlimited ammo.
      F2: Shoots ghost bullets that pass straight through anything solid. Unlim ammo.
      F3: Shoots Xbullets - bullets which explode on impact. Can only be reloaded every 5 minutes.
      F4: Shoots one bullet when trigger is pulled, and when pulled again, the bullet separates into 8 mini bullets. Can only be reloaded every 10 minutes.
      F5: Shoots a dart with poisonous tip, instant kill. Can only be reloaded once every century.

A select few entities will be immune to said bullet or be able to deflect it. One of them will be a character I made: Sariel. I consider her the upcoming final enemy. Oh, and how many barrels do the revolvers have?

Gloria uses bombs. In my opinion, that would be better fitting for an Anime. It's both very strange and hard to use. It rather sounds like comedic relief to me. WHERE DO THE BOMBS COME FROM? Explanation, please. Sorry for being so hard to please, but I want the happenings to make as much sense as possible. Also, a magical shield, achieved through an item she receives from Castle for some reason. A portal only usable as a shield, an opening to a place with not very much in it at all. Discussion point: Should smaller creatures be able to pass through it? Anyway, it probably won't really matter. I'm also not a fan of the bombs thing, I really ain't. Like, at all I would at least like a good decision. Maybe the object giving off an external explosion and returning would be an idea.

Strafe 'Dante' Kayoz manipulates gravity. Mainly in order to throw things or stop them in their flight towards him. This power is limited by his concentration and the velocity/weight of the object. He certainly can't throw a house around, and if there's more than five or six bullets headed towards him, he should make sure to get out of the way. Discussion point: Should he be unable to throw living organisms around? Basically another kind of "magic resistance". Humans would be able to pass it, while some creatures might not. He also wrote in some pistols he should have, but I'm kinda against that: We got Dave for that. The motorcycle is fine in my opinion, but I don't think he will sit on that thing too often. Maybe make it accessible via said portals. An additional "weakness" of his is water, apparently. From that I take that he can't move it without moving something that holds the water, either.

• The storyline's world:

A few legends and some oddities already got mentioned here.

Quick rundown: It's a big world, and there are a lot of things like on our little planet earth: There are forests, deserts and whatnot. The main difference: There's magic. And not the kind of "it's magic, I don't have to explain anything" kind magic, but there are magicians who concentrate on different fields. While some alchemic brews have amazing healing qualities, there is no healing magic and definitely no way to bring back the dead. The "Border of Life and Death" can only be crossed once. It also deserves capital letters. Some people are said to be able to see the future, too.

Next off: There are 6 portals, and something caused them to be able to be opened. Up until now, they were closed, but Castle's demonic gate was in the center and worked as a kind of "switch". That means they got disturbed. But we'll find out that this was not the only reason. Basically, this is our excuse for why the characters from our world for example ended up in the fantasy world.

The countryside is populated by monsters of all kinds. Some of them powerful, some of them even able to cast magic, some of them less powerful. The demons unleashed by Castle opening the gate weren't that big of a problem for the local wildlife, and by now a lot of them returned or quickly learned to live alongside the local population. This means there's a greater population of "demonic" creatures than usual, but nothing dramatic. (You can discuss that one, too, if you want. I'd be happy with it being like this, tho.) The geographic situation and the culture strongly resembles the one on our earth. This might be because the worlds are linked; they run alongside each other, and they have had an influence on each other, always.

Celestials and demonic beasts exist, but the world is not governed by a solitary religion. That's mainly because the celestials represent figures from different cultures and religions.

But not only are the "Celestials and demons" in a classic sense. There are a multitude of half-demons, half-gods, youkai (an eastern demon, basically.), ghosts and whatnot. Some are born with incredible abilites from birth. Some of their abilities are like a curse: You can't avoid them, they drive their very existence, some hide the fact that they are not normal people like everyone else. Some are shunned and hunted, some have a place in society. The human-like ones share a trait: Golden eye-color. Something Lenra certainly overlooked. (Plot point! *dun dun DUUUN*)
      This whole thing would, by the way, make a good character for our group, maybe? Would be interesting for Lenra, because most of them have a much longer lifespan than normal humans.

Also, I <3 ya all, guise.

Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ! Empty Re: A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ!

Post by Castle Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:14 pm

needs people around after what he did. Correct me if I'm wrong here.)
    True, in a way, I mean.. I feel guilty, and by helping you all, and guarding Gloria.. I feel like I'm slowly redeeming myself.

Also, I like these ideas so far, I'm good with basically whatever is decided. Whether it's meeting in the Chat box weekly, or something..

The human-like ones share a trait: Golden eye-color. Something Lenra certainly overlooked. (Plot point! *dun dun DUUUN*)
    Heh, Melikez.
    LumosPriori
    LumosPriori

A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ! Empty Re: A proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ!

Post by LumosPriori Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Let Ryan and I know when you need something from us. Anything...just tell us...B3
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm

It's not as if I just gave you a ton of material.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:49 pm

We're just willing to help ya Soldeh. Just pm me/chatbox me whenever.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:26 am

This topic has got mutliple discussions, questions, etc.

How about you start with that, Lumos and Xin?
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 am

Guys, this is exactly how turning-point threads like this one is discarded and ignored after a while, because nobody actually bothers contributing enough information to keep the flow flowing.

I'm not going to bother with unnecessary expressive language here. This will be kept straight to the point.

First off.

I strongly suggest that we move on from the Tavern start in the story. It's dragged on too long, and my suspicions are that it's because we were all waiting for more characters to fill up space that wasn't there in the first place. What, were we trying to get as many characters to start at the beginning point or something?
    Come on. Booooring.
    From my perspective, if people start making their characters at any point soon, then they would very usefully contribute to the storyline by feeding at secondary points. By that I mean, a quarter through the story or something like that? I don't know, just not 'everybody starts at the start.'

Some ideas of how the story should progress from a characterised point of view.

• There's the main group of travellers/adventurers. That's Lenra (Sold), Castle (Castle (Wait. Seriously? The demonic being from the underworld is called Castle? Come on, can't we think up more devilish names than that? Forgive me for being so blunt, but I myself can think up plenty more suitable names for Castle's character than 'Castle'. Lucipher (guess why?), Shallidar, Dharus, Xeres.. etc.)), Dave (me), and maybe Strafe Kayos (NKDZ - he needs to get on soon to get this working). I deliberately left out Gloria because I think that she'll be too busy for the next little while to be able to do much for introductory Chapter contribution in terms of plot-related characterisation, i.e. she won't be able to continue her character unless she becomes un-busy soon. Yeah, I know, she was the Tavern hostess. That is a problem. But background information doesn't always have to be on stone, right? They can be edited. Sorry if this isn't what some of you's wanted. Yup, I liked the idea of Gloria being Tavern hostess, but sometimes you just have to adapt to current circumstances.

The main group start off as a band of stragglers, and go 'adventuring'. I say that because I am still in the process of thinking what the main group will actually start doing. During their travels, perhaps they come across another group of people like themselves? By that, they could meet the other characters that didn't get a place in the main group. They would have a separate story of their own, their version of the Tavern, stuff like that.

How would we meet? I don't know, maybe during a fight with an enemy monster or being. We could be about to face defeat, but suddenly are saved by another team of adventurers, who have powers of their own. Yeah. Classic film cliché, huh? And then they team up to form one big group.... Etc. You get the gist.

• Saying that the other characters (just because you come in later on in the story doesn't mean your character has less value or anything) come in at later points (and also, it doesn't have to be that 'later'. It could be in the next chapter, or in the last stages of the first chapter or something), then the main group of travellers could, by chance, come across them whilst roaming the world (towns, cities, forests, anywhere that might be even slightly populated), and pick up 'random' lone adventurers. By the end of it all, we would end up with the same big group that I just said in the first idea.

• In the Tavern, where eventually all the 'starting' characters end up, just before everyone is about to leave, there might be a huge argument+fight between the group, which splits them up. Hence the group separates into individuals or pairs, who go along their own paths in different directions to each other. Later on, they all coincidentally meet each other, it could be in another world where they were all transported by some unknown force, or it could be during a fight with an enemy creature, like I said before.

Why would my character join the group?

Well, I have nothing more to add to what you've already said, aside from the fact that Dave also has the wish to start a new life, and escape from the one he was in (the torture he had to endure with his father).

Oh, and also, he kinda has no choice. Being stuck in a magical world with no visible options of getting out and back into the normal world he is used to (21st century Earth), he chooses to go with the only other people in the magical world he has spoken to and made acquaintance with.

Curiosity to roam the strange world where people can spawn bombs, teleport and cast spells also fills his mind, as his genius still can't comprehend what is going on.

A side note about the character powers/weapons

Here I'm going to try and perhaps give a few ideas that reduce some of the character powers slightly, just to give the story some more risk and more fun =P

• Castle: You see, I like this teleporting idea. The thing is, should he be able to teleport constantly? I mean, if so, he could just be disappearing and reappearing all over the place all the time, even if the distances are under 10 metres. How about a limit on how many teleports he can do? Or, if not a limit, an energy? I.e. The more portals he opens, the more energy/power he loses? So basically, opening a portal requires some amount of energy? That way, we could have an interesting twist in the story, where Castle is distracted or diverted another way from the rest of the group for a short period, and within that period he is led into an enemy trap and captured? Yeah, he tries to fight his way out of it, but being a melee fighter, he slowly gets tired because of all the portal-opening he does whilst trying to escape. But because of the sheer number of monsters he is eventually bound and kept under surveillance. The creatures could hold him as hostage, or something. Then once word of his capturing reaches the rest of the group, they might have to give up something precious or find something for the monsters in order to get Castle back, or fight their way to him.

• Lenra: I can't really offer anything that might make a big enough reduction to the power of the character, as you (Sold) already mentioned her spells being weak. Perhaps, just like Castle, fatigue and lethargy are factors which influence the power and size of her spells? I.e. the more tired or weary Lenra is, the smaller her spells will be and the less impact or damage they will have when cast.

• Dave:I deliberately gave some of the bullets long recharge rates because I felt they were too destructive to start off with. I just want to clarify something - did you change the times to 10 and 5 minutes, or did I write them like that? I also forgot that there could be multiple explosive bullets in each barrel, which kinda deems the long recharge times unnecessary. No, I shall improve my weapon info so that the F3 and F4 revolver functions locks the barrel so that each revolver can only shoot twice.

Seeing as Dave isn't a good brawl/melee fighter in any sorts (I mean, he can throw a punch, but isn't experienced in the art of street fighting or stuff like that, you know?) he only relies on his cane to support him in battle. He's the kind of guy who might end up relying on the others who have more destructive powers than his revolvers do (oh, and each revolver only has 1 barrel - standard ^^) in fights. The only thing he has (apart from the guns themselves, obviously) is his genius, which means he can calculate exact distances between the guns and the targets, the velocity or force necessary to pack a powerful enough punch, including any natural diversions, such as wind or precipitation which he also works around. Pretty much his shots are accurate, but apart from that he is quite useless.

And yeah, a good thing to add in monsters or beings that are immune to my bullets. Also perhaps, certain forms of environment that renders my bullets useless? Like, force fields in a particular area such as a forest or an open field which cause the bullets to self-destruct (just like how you would die if you went into space unprotected) as soon as they leave the guns.

• Gloria: I see no problem with her character's power being the ability to spawn bombs. Just the usual idea for this one: explosiveness of bombs depends on mental and physical state of Gloria, and (quoting from Gloria's background story) "the stronger the bomb, the higher the risk of her and her friends getting caught in its blast.".

There's one thing I don't get : is her shield just another portal which has an open function, and which she goes into to shield herself from getting hurt? Does that mean it isn't the common standard type of put-on-arm-and-raise-to-shield kind of shield? But the thing is, wouldn't that be inefficient in battle, where damage could come at any time? Shouldn't the shield-portal be an almost transparent oval-shaped area of portal which opens up when necessary, and sucks in any objects thrown at her, such as enemy spells, stuff like that? A portable black-hole (on a smaller scale)? That way she can use the shield like a proper shield. And of course, the size and 'shieldiness' of the portal would depend on her tiredness. So the less she can concentrate, the smaller the size of the portal, and the weaker it is - so at a certain point, the portal no longer holds the ability to suck in large objects, so they just pass straight through.

• Strafe Kayos: You see, I kinda see this guy's skill as the power "Pushers" have in the film "Push". For those of you haven't seen it, Pushers have the ability to locate the specific atomic frequency of an object, and alter the gravitational field around the object so that it moves in accordance to the Pusher's will. The size of the objects and the distance Strafe can move them can be in accordance to, once again, his mental state. Also, like Dave's bullets, in certain areas, the force fields which surround every object in the region are completely different to the ones Strafe is normally used to, and altering the gravitational field there might cause the objects to violently fly anywhere, which means sometimes they might end up hitting himself. Or they might just not move at all. Perhaps there are certain monsters who have constantly changing atomic frequencies, and they have certain powers which also knock the G-field around them out of place when necessary, which means Strafe can't move them.

About the Gloria issue.

I suppose, seeing as it doesn't look as if Gloria will be properly back for another while, we should try our best to move around the issue.

For example, the main group of travellers could start off without Gloria. We can say she felt that she wasn't ready yet to travel, she was comfortable where she was, or something like that. Basically she decided to stay behind and declined the group's offer to include her in their journeys.
    Some way into the group (minus Gloria)'s travels, Gloria decides to join them because of a particular reason, such as she realizes travelling with companions might help her find her younger brother faster.

What I just said is pretty much based around the a) option. b) Also sounds good, but then the problem there is, it might look a bit obvious or not as good as it could be if we return back to the village in short time. Because Gloria plays one of the leading roles in the RPG, we can't afford to stick her in the story halfway through. It would have to be quite an urgent reason if the group decided to go back to the village quite early on in the story, whereupon Gloria joins them then.

Meeting times

This is the one thing that I always find frustrating on forums - trying to set up suitable meeting places and times for as many persons as possible. Seeing as I don't see any other option than the chatbox or threading, I say we do a mixture of both?
    If at least two key players of the RPG are online at the same time, they could start discussing things in the chatbox. If any other improvements, changes, adaptations etc are made within that time, one person should make a topic about everything they discussed, and get everyone else who wasn't online at the time to say what they think.
    And then we can just do the threading idea as per normal, if nobody's online. ^^

<3 ya too.
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 am

im recreating my character since it is a pile of s...cake

i wanna have a character too >_ <!!!
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:54 am

Well Ranger, I liked Castle....
    Oh well..
    how about..
    Bryce? C: Jk.

Anyway, Fatigue? I'm immortal, and a demonic guardian of a gate... but I get tired from teleporting a few meters and running? D: I suppose..
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

Sorry for deleting the two comments in which you discussed the immortality thing. Read the text in red in order to see why I did that. I want there to be no confusion about that whatsoever.

Ranger 50 wrote:
    A side note about the character powers/weapons...

A) I like the idea about Castle's limited amount of portals.
    B) About Lenra: I failed to mention the idea up to this point, but I figured the magic system would work pretty much like you explained. Physically exhilarating and spells getting weaker... Well, an adrenaline boost might be possible in some situations. Plus, something which might matter in the very final battle *Spoilers* - She can cast more powerful spells at the cost of her own health, but this is an all or nothing situation: An incredibly devastating spell might bring her so close to the edge of death that no product of alchemy may heal her.
    C) I'd have no trouble if we said that Gloria's weapon is basically a high-tech machinery that fixes itself/ gives off the explosion externally. That way it would sound a bit less random, in my opinion.

Ranger 50 wrote:
    Some ideas of how the story should progress from a characterised point of view.

A) Castle's name: Castle already mentioned that he wanted to take this name, because it's his second name. I'd personally suggest using another name, too. Lenra would have a good time making fun of that one. Dharus sounds like a good one.
    B) Picking the characters up at later points sounds good anyway. Plus, it's not as if we were the only "heroes" out there, eh?
    C) True, character stories can be edited.
    D) Oi, Ranger, you seemed busy lately, too. Hope you'll have the time for this.

Short over-all starting plot idea:

This is just one idea. Probably not the best one, but I want to show an option here:

Lenra and Dave meet up in the Tavern, Cirno Dave leaves and he's way too smart to think this might just all be a dream, and after a while, Lenra offers her house as a place for him to sleep (witches' tradition I just made up.); "Castle", who both have clearly seen at the Tavern (or not), not really used to being around people anymore he just follows Lenra (according to C's story, he had the greatest initial interest in her and her quite confusing ancestry). Well, the forest is a dangerous place, an open fight with one of the greater creatures there ensues - the kind with high magic resistances, Dave gets into the fight, and Castle just decides to help out, since the guy has got a bad conscience already. Then, something. Erm, how about Lenra needs to get a really important book from the next town's library, Lenra invites Dave to follow, since the house will be locked anyway, and Castle asks if he can join in and no-one objects.

@ Castle:
    Yes, dude, we all want our characters to be cool and bad-ass, and I agree, he looks cool (because I made the picture, except for NKDZ sketch) but I praised your character way too much. Just to make a few things clear:

You look like a non-human, but you were one once.
    You are tough, but only a bit more than every human warrior in this story can become through the use of magic.
    You just don't age. Except for that, you are not a true immortal. You might have to get stabbed 3 or 4 times instead of once to die, but you can die. We talked about this before. A single weakness would also be waaay to specific.
    You of course feel fatigue. Again, a little slower than most people might, but I guess once you get half a nuke shoved in your face, that doesn't really matter.
    I still agree with a limited amount of portals to be usable before resting. How about 20, with still a range of.... 10 metres? After that he has to collect himself for about 20 minutes?
    You guarded a gate with demons, but it wasn't the gate to Pandæmonium, importance-wise. At least not directly.

We also need a nice name for the whole thing.

"Invictus RP" or something like that. Maybe you can think of something without the word "RP" or "RPG" in it. "Invictus Project" might work as well.

Last edited by Sold Out on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 am

We could have something like potions(?) that can restore your energy sorta like Castle's energy that depletes after each portal use; and Lenra's energy loss after every spell or something. Also, we could have some special kinds that could let people like Dave shoot out a flaming bullet that explodes at contact...just sayinA proper start. Brainstorming, discussion, etc. READ! Foreveratrollplz
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:41 am

It stops with healing potions in general. I'm not a fan of just using mana potions. It makes things needlessly cheap.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:44 am

Reduced the discussion with Castle to a single post, since it's not what this topic is about.

~Sold

Okay... I aware of all of that. My original, "True immortal" died when you started "Fixing" my story Sold..

ALL of that I think we can say was caused when I tried going head to head with the "Dark one" I suppose we can call him. The Ruler of the underworld.

So, yeah.. my weakness is huge now. I feel like a complete failure compared to my original idea, of course, the nerfing hurt. :l

We need to set some major weaknesses for me.

-

Low-range limited amount portals but physically tough is quite okay, I guess. I don't think Satan would really bother with your character though. Plus, that would mean that we just acknowledged Satan's existence for our story. And I think that would be a bummer, kinda.

-

Well, not Satan. Just an OP'd Demon. Maybe the first ever demon? Something.

Remember, I originally wanted my gate being the ULTIMATE source of protection for the mortal world from the demons.. and originally he didn't like it, and stormed at me trying to get rid of the Guardian.. :l But eh, whatever you decide. I don't really care anymore. :P

-

What kind of attitude is that? I thought you care about your character? >.>

-

I do, he's me...
    But like, I have a way of accidentally making everything OP'd, and I LOVE teleporting, I feel really weak having to rest after my main story, taking on demons like they were kittens, now I teleport 200 meters and boom, I'm tired and need a nap. xD

I just mean, I don't care what restrictions you want on me anymore.. I guess I'll take them and make do..

-

Well, it's not a nap, more of a short meditation session. ^^

-

Meditation, still.. makes me feel weak, and powerless whenever I have to stop to rest. Like an elder..

-

Well, nothing we can do if you feel like that. It's basically how the spells in this world work. Lenra needs to rest, too. Plus, I already told you about the idea of maybe adding those "links", to make at least real travel possible.

Maybe we'll increase the range and amount of the things, since you still need to move through them. Btw, I kinda imagine them to work like the portals in the "Portal" game. Or like Yukari-portals in Touhou. God-dammit, Castle, how could you rip off Yukari without even knowing the character? >:(

-

That's how I want them to work, unlimited distance, but it's got to be a clear shot..

Also, no idea.. xD

-

Nah, not infinite distance portals. That would mess things up. I am considering if we should place a few markers to open portals to place we have already been at. Limited to 5 or so markers.

Anyway, Let's run a little comparison here. [For the Lulz.]

Spoiler:

-

b) sounds good.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:27 am

@Sold

Sold Out wrote:Short over-all starting plot idea:

The idea is pretty awesome. One thing though. Is it just going to be Dave, Lenra and Castle? Shouldn't there be the other Nvm. I see it now - those three are the only three active characters, as the creators of Gloria and Strafe Kayos are both occupied atm.

Further plot ideas?

• Someway through the plot, we could meet another group of travellers, but this time those who are hostile, nasty, and generally evil. They could be our proper enemies throughout the story, our competition and our rivals. They could have powers like us, but those that are sometimes more destructive. They could be a group consisting of individuals or lone travellers who decided to team up, just like us. In the climaxing or final chapters, there could be a huge fight between us and them.

• I think it would be awesome or dangerously "fun" if one member of our group - one who has the potential to become extremely dangerous if not controlled properly - turned traitor. Just like most thriller/action films/books. That character might end up dying, or switching sides again, or redeeming him/herself.

• There could be one point in the story where everybody ends up in the same area - be it a room, a cave, a hall, etc. In that place, no spells work, bombs don't function, there is no gravitational field (instead there is a cosmic warp layout which goes totally beyond the comprehension of any human being, and which defies the laws of physics and whatnot) - which means Kayos' powers are deemed useless. Dave's bullets also don't work, and Castle cannot open any portal of any kind.
      Basically, everyone is left without their special powers or abilities.

What they are left with is their wits.

It could be the point in the game where people start using strategies and their logical capabilities to try and help each other get out that area and back into the world where they came from. Pretty much the 'puzzle' part of the story.

• There could be that 'moral dilemma' situation in which the protagonists - the good guys - end up having to make the decision between, say for example, letting a thousand-strong crowd of innocent citizens live, or letting their group companion/member live.

Still thinking up ideas and stuff.

Should one of us try and get a chapter template for the plot line you just mentioned? Or even a prototype chapter.

About the name...Hm.

If we were going to go with Invictus and Project, for me - Project Invictus sounds cooler than Invictus Project =P
    PIRP? "perp"<--pronounced (rhymes with derp). Project Invictus Role-Play..

Actually naw, that doesn't sound right.

I'll think on that too.

Last edited by Ranger 50 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:25 am

I love all of your ideas. I think I'd be the "Traitor", because remember.. I'm Neutral. I don't care which side I fight for.

I STILL Like my name as is. None of the others are my style.

Last edited by Castle on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:29 am

Ranger 50 wrote:@Sold

Sold Out wrote:Short over-all starting plot idea:

The idea is pretty awesome. One thing though. Is it just going to be Dave, Lenra and Castle? Shouldn't there be the other Nvm. I see it now - those three are the only three active characters, as the creators of Gloria and Strafe Kayos are both occupied atm.

Further plot ideas?

• Someway through the plot, we could meet another group of travellers, but this time those who are hostile, nasty, and generally evil. They could be our proper enemies throughout the story, our competition and our rivals. They could have powers like us, but those that are sometimes more destructive. They could be a group consisting of individuals or lone travellers who decided to team up, just like us. In the climaxing or final chapters, there could be a huge fight between us and them.

• I think it would be awesome or dangerously "fun" if one member of our group - one who has the potential to become extremely dangerous if not controlled properly - turned traitor. Just like most thriller/action films/books. That character might end up dying, or switching sides again, or redeeming him/herself.

• There could be one point in the story where everybody ends up in the same area - be it a room, a cave, a hall, etc. In that place, no spells work, bombs don't function, there is no gravitational field (instead there is a cosmic warp layout which goes totally beyond the comprehension of any human being, and which defies the laws of physics and whatnot) - which means Kayos' powers are deemed useless. Dave's bullets also don't work, and Castle cannot open any portal of any kind.
      Basically, everyone is left without their special powers or abilities.

What they are left with is their wits.

It could be the point in the game where people start using strategies and their logical capabilities to try and help each other get out that area and back into the world where they came from. Pretty much the 'puzzle' part of the story.

• There could be that 'moral dilemma' situation in which the protagonists - the good guys - end up having to make the decision between, say for example, letting a thousand-strong crowd of innocent citizens live, or letting their group companion/member live.

Still thinking up ideas and stuff.

Should one of us try and get a chapter template for the plot line you just mentioned? Or even a prototype chapter.

About the name...Hm.

If we were going to go with Invictus and Project, for me - Project Invictus sounds cooler than Invictus Project =P
    PIRP? "perp"<--pronounced (reminds with derp). Project Invictus Role-Play..

Actually naw, that doesn't sound right.

I'll think on that too.

I could write up some backgrounds or imagery for the evil people that you'll meet.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Awesome. If you started just by jotting down some quick character outlines/templates for the evil dudes, then we can all join in once they're done and start expanding on the characters with detail and stuff.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 am

Traitor thing... approved, more or less. Is it fitting to one of our 3 characters (4 counting Gloria)? - No. It's not really. Not Dave, not Lenra, and probably not Castle. The dude already has got a bad conscience. It might be fitting to NKDZ' character... maybe. It's not as if there was much of a character by now. And it would've been perfect for "Sediera", since he was pursuing the truth without regret. But as we all now know, he can't be on the forum. He can play MMOs and join guilds there, tho. Not to say that sounds suspicious or anything.

Death or life decision - I would like *not* to use that for now. I have no idea how this will play out, but do all your ideas have to be so *dark*? We have a little fantasy story, exploring story here. Sure, someone might die, maybe someone from the party even could, but a decision like "kill him or kill innocents" is just... you know. I mean, Gloria's story alone bugged me enough for me to tell her to tone it down. The upside of people dying is we could bring topics like afterlife and whatnot into it, as long as we pack it well, but... Well, like I said. Let's see how it plays out, but decisions like this would be insane.

Other adventurers with other allegiances: Sounds good. "Did you think you are the only heroes?" Nothing much to add there. Of course we will meet other groups following their own targets. Some "evil", some "good", if you want to see black and white like that.

Some of the characters I made up for now:

Sariel: People keep seeing me mention the name Sariel. And to be exact, Sariel is a character that might not be as original as I wished she would be; there's a way too similar character in TH. (Please forgive me.) Well, my Sariel is a mad arch-angel. As a celestial being, Sariel has lived with near ultimate power for so long, and the Celestial plane is so empty of opportunites, she wandered to earth and began abusing her power. Other celestials have tried to stop her, but many of them are healers, and they would never forgive themselves for killing someone themselves - it's usually out of their nature. Sariel is a Seraphim: Sixfold, white wings, freely summonable, rather ethereal. Sariel is taller than usual humans, but the impressive part are her wings; they are gigantic. She does everything slowly (mainly she concentrates), but not without grace, and in a fight, she might be close to immobile. Here's something I wrote when I was bored ages ago while chatting with Castle. (I made it before the Sediera story was finished, and I really just mentioned 3 characters (the same three as in the intro). As you can see, bombs would be trouble. Throwing rocks with a physically exhilarating gravity power wouldn't be as much. It might just show why writing random bomb-flinging Anime-ish madness into something is not easy.) You can also have a male Sariel, if you want to. It will make no difference. Every character I write somehow ends up female.

One of the Angels, however, senses something, and asks for our help. Why our help? You'll see at the bottom of the post.

And as Sariel slowly rose into the air, her wide-spread wings blocked not only the sun, but most of the area behind her.
    Only very few light-shimmers could be seen through the pure white feathers, giving them a divine glow. Gracefully, she was there,
    resting herself on her wings, concentrating with closed eyes as arcane runes began to glow around her.

Let me take care of it", Castle whispered and within a second he had stepped through a portal. He was right in front of her,
    ready to strike her with his glove. And in this second, Sariel opened her eyes.
    With nothing but a movement of her finger, Castle was knocked back, flying through the air...

Lenra, having seen her undiluted power, started to cast the few defensive runes she knew.
    During her preparation she heard a faint click behind her: Dave was readying his guns.
    She knew it was time for her to begin the preparations for something that might break the defences.

Castle caught himself before he hit the ground: He directly casted another portal
    behind him, using the speed of his flight for another jab at Sariel."

Dave began shooting. He was not worried about the demon getting between the barrage. He just pulled the trigger and let the bullets fly.
    He wouldn't have to reload. Not with these revolvers.

Another, more original character (let's call her Lilith for now. Yeah, that sounds good.) will follow Lenra and "Castle" (we still need a good name for him). I mentioned the demons, Youkai and so on who live restricted to a single target and nothing else before, and she is one of them. Why, do you think are humans unable to cross a border so many races cross with their birth? Why should Castle be so unique?

Let me tell you: She's a hunter. She has killed people who tried to change their physical state permanently for many, many years. Never tiring. And Lenra and Castle are the kind she hunts. The good gal carries her signature scythe, and she won't stop.

Rooms that restrict the group to their wits sounds like a good thing. Puzzles are easier to implement into a game than a story, but it sounds good. That's one of the reasons I wanted to restrict Castle's portal to "in the field of view", basically. Just being able to teleport behind a locked gate would be... weak.

But if we want a room that blocks all the powers, look at this first:

Not as simple as you thought, eh?

Another plot idea that lingered in the back of my mind from the start:

The idea is that there might be "destiny" behind all this.

[Spoken by Sariel:]

"Fate. Destiny. There are many words for it and it's a recurring idea in every culture. Doesn't that surprise you? Do you, all of you, really think it's a coincidence that you stepped through a portal and ended up with just the right people to be where you are now?

Do you think you have the power to change whatever destiny was laid out for you? You might not, but I can. I am the great archangel. No-one will stop me. And you were just destiny's means to bring me down. Even though I don't know what weaves them, I can see the strings of fate.

And today, I shall cut them."

These are just some ideas, folks. It's not the final script or anything.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:43 am

I do still like that first story about Sariel... that sounded pretty awesome. Bullets flying, me portaling, and all that.

Also.. Lilith? Hunting you and me? Lovely. It's starting to sound good, and my character would probably think he would deserve it. But isn't ready to die until he finds out about himself.. The reason he opened the gate to start.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 am

Ranger 50 wrote:Awesome. If you started just by jotting down some quick character outlines/templates for the evil dudes, then we can all join in once they're done and start expanding on the characters with detail and stuff.

Perfect. I'll get working after my last exam (tmrw)
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:48 am

Okay, so that was it with the updates in here?

Good. We need to get started soon. I fear, I won't have much time on my hands from next Saturday onward, since I need to (I am kinda forced to) get a driver's license over the course of the next 6 weeks.

I reckon that if Ranger and you guys put at least some effort into it, this will run rather smoothly. We'll see how it plays out. Hope this will at least get started this week. I don't know how long I'll be busy on Saturday, tho.

So much for my summer vacation.

I mean, it has to go well. It's not as if I could just mention every single person on this forum by writing down 5 names. And everyone in the last two days, by writing down 4. Ha ha ha.

... f**k.

I even checked if I could get some of my old "AQW pals". Turns out only retards still "play" the "game", tho. Which means it's impossible to have a conversation or invite someone. No offense, Castle, you're excluded from that last statement. I guess you just don't converse there very often.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 am

I don't even play anymore.. I log on every Friday, for about 30 minutes.. then log out for a week. So.. None taken.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Good luck on your driver's test, Sold :D

Also, I have a little bit of time on my schedule too. Busy Summer Vacay.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:37 am

I want to be the anti-hero character that everyone thinks is a jack-ass, maybe the traitor

Oh and I would like to add about my character. He can converge 'balls' of gravity into who ever or whatever he touches which basically is a small black hole. Which means they will basically implode, but he cannot fully control it so he rarely uses it unless on the brink of death.He doesn't shoot bullets out of his pistols but instead, tightly packed air which is pulled together by gravity. This eliminate his need to reload and he can fire them rapidly. Since he can increase and reduce his own gravity, he can drastically increase his physical abilities but they can be used against him. He can also momentarily change the direction of gravity like Inception but he can't fully control that either. So basically it's main weakness is that although the ability to manipulate gravity is seemingly overpowered, Strafe/Dante can't fully control it himself.

Reason to join: Although passive at most times, when Strafe see's someone strong, he will want to challenge them. So possibly Strafe may have seen someone's character being freakin awesome and he'd want to challenge him/her and ends up joining the group. He'd usually prefer to be alone, so he won't be with the group most of the time, but when the group is in trouble, he may spring in with his motorbike and help. Speaking of motorcycles, I've got a really cool idea for the motorbike that involves both his pistols too which I will reveal later.

I can't post any of my drawings on the forum for a month or so which kinda sucks because I'm in Singapore at the moment and I don't have a scanner (Nor good paper) over here so yeah. Bummer.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 am

It's fine as long as the thing doesn't have the power of a real black hole.

I guess gravity magic will be a bit o' fun. You should read to changes we decided to apply to your character, NK.

Nice hearing something from you again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:44 am