Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+5
NKDZ
pipoca77
Ranger 50
Castle
Sold Out
9 posters

Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian

Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian - Page 3 Empty Re: Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian

Post by Castle Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:32 am

Indeed, I didn't forget. I've still got both versions saved.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian - Page 3 Empty Re: Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian

Post by Sold Out Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:25 am

I should really get started on the Dave lineart that SAI sent me. :/
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:10 am

Yeah.. D: Slacker!
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey...Hey!

Sold has a busy-ass life. He's gonna go for his license so don't call him a slacker.

~Jokes
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:42 pm

I just remembered.. NKDZ said he was going to redo my character.. xD
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:54 am

Sold Out wrote:Thanks man. <3
    Thanks, everyone. /Tears flowing.

woah what am i missing here? o.O
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:47 am

Castle wrote:I just remembered.. NKDZ said he was going to redo my character.. xD

Well I was...but then I went on vacation with the original sketches still back at home...And as you know I too am a hellava slacker and I'm too lazy to start out on scratch...but then again I'm very bored so I just might...Damn I'm lazy xD
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 am

Haha. Well I don't really mind slacking. Soldy has me a finished character that I love. So I can wait to see yours. :P
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Post by NKDZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:07 am

I got bored.

Alrighty, this ain't a coloured version because I suck at colouring, I've always been one with the pencil, tablets aren't a very good substitute so yeah here it is.
    Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian - Page 3 5981406811_13b53efc50_b

I've though about it countless times as to how to make your character more human-like as I thought my previous idea was too "demonic". I tried getting rid of the whole hooded blazing eyes concept but I thought that it made the character too human like and not demonic enough so I thought of a brilliant idea: Having the character's eyes covered by hair! It makes the character seem more approachable as compared to his predecessor but still a hint of demonic aura (as if the huge ass wings weren't enough).

About the 3 black thingamajigs floating around the character, that is your long awaited "pet". Once again, I thought hard about this and wondered "What the hell can a useless pet do :|" and I then thought of a brilliant idea of combining both the pet and some sort of power. After researching a few images on the net I derived at one conclusion. A spirit Cerberus. Now you may be wondering as to how the hell I derived to that, I have no clue but I thought it was cool and drew it anyways. I was thinking that pet's in most mangas that I've had usually do nothing either than fight an opponents pet, or do some shit that the main character just ain't bothered to do. So now that I have literally weaponized the pet into some sort of power with a conscience, it should be more useful in your character's escapades. I may be wrong and you may like having pets that do things which aren't cool but I just find a power-pet more awesome. Then again, I thought of another concept of having a giant ass dog like monster that you can summon through your powers which can cause some major havoc. That idea wouldn't be too bad but I still like my power-pet idea the most. What do you think?

And no. I won't draw a Pokemon.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:22 am

I can see a few similarities, but I'd say this is a completely diff. character.

Not a bad job, tho. Anyway, the RPG thing died. And what the hell, the only thing we actually did was sort out the details for castle's character. But hey, the human version looks good, except for the emo hair and the very female boots. :P Plus, the guy would have to be a little more broad. If arm size = half the chest is the case, something's a little off.

As some guy said, the worst thing you can do to an artist is tell him something is perfect, even though it isn't.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Actually, that's awesome. I agree that the boots are girlish to a point. But I like it. I love both versions.
    I love the pet idea, those are really nice. And could just be a type of shield. Somewhat like GAARA* uses his sand for in Naruto. You know?
    And the demonic eyes/wings with a human type of face is a nice touch. Makes me seem humanish... and with Solds character I think the wings wouldn't stick out too much. :P

Last edited by Castle on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 pm

That's mainly because I didn't intend them to be used. It's more of a pointless detail. Btw, I would still commit murder in order to become an actual artist who makes high-quali stuff. I'd like to be one of the thousands of people who can do that art stuff so damn well. Consider this a minor footnote. Well, I guess I'll need a lot of training to get at least to the stage of an NKDZ. :P

Also, I think Naruto is pretty damn lame. And the dude's name is Gaara.

Last edited by Sold Out on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 pm

That's right. ._. Gaara. I thought it was the other way. :l Also, I just personally like the more humanish me. Being that you want me to turn human again anyway.. this would also be easier to explain than a black thing made of nothingness. Don't You Think? "He's been in the underworld guarding the gate for so long the darkness and evil slowly corrupted him."
    This project can't just die. It's the summer, after this once people return it'll be worth getting back into. And Naruto is very lame. I just remembered the sand.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:25 pm

The project is dead, and the ending thing was just a suggestion. Be happy for it having been what it was. Hell, even my day-dreaming more often than not includes the characters from the story, but the hell, this wouldn't have worked really.

Anyway, it's 4 AM, I'm getting some sleep.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Why waste all of the time we put into it by ending it? ._. And Good night then.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Post by NKDZ Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Well what I really want is to try is to start a manga studio. It's going to be a little bit harder than starting an rpg but it's gonna be more fun (exception of drawing boxes). I'm sure it's not impossible , it's just we need someone who's super organized and has the zest to continue to do it when no one else does.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Post by NKDZ Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:10 am

Double post ftw

Castle - The Gatekeeper - The Demon Guardian - Page 3 5984779057_d846329a89_b

Pheer the awesomeness!

I had quite a fun time drawing this one as this is my first drawing that I've incorporated two different characters. After redesigning your character I decided to pit it against my own character and this is the result I got. In the picture it clearly shows that Dante is about to get his ass kicked but then again it looks like he can pull through. I left out shading so if anyone want's to colour it *hint hint Sold*, it's be easier with the blackyness out of the way. If you're wondering what are those things on Dante's legs, they are like...boots of gravity that allow him to walk on air. It's either that or he's in Antartica and his legs are frozen...either way I didn't know what type of shoes/boots there are for him and yeah...just "gravitized" it.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am

That's epic. A Mid-air battle between you and myself would be really awesome. I love that.

Also, I'd like to help you with the Manga.. I may not be fully organized but I wouldn't give up on the project. :o
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:38 pm

NK that is soooo awesome. Dam you have a badass imagination. But I really don't have the time to read everything so why are you two fighting?
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:12 am

No reason really. He just wanted to put us in that scenario for a drawing. Nothing related to the story, if we even manage to keep Sold toward the story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:29 am