Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+2
Castle
Gloria of Greenguard
6 posters

Gloria

Poll

Use the idea for the ending? (See page 3.)

[ 0 ]
    Gloria - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Gloria - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Gloria - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Gloria - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

Gloria - Page 2 Empty Re: Gloria

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 8:08 am

I purposely made her bomb ability a bit problematic. I envision her more as a supporting personality for the group and not so much as a battle character. The reason I came up with the shields was because she needed something to protect her and others from her own bombs.
    One of her traits is having a strategic mind. So she would be more useful for setting traps and breaking into places then actual fighting.

About the force fields. I purposely made it so they weren't totally invincible (where is the fun in a invincible char?)
    The force fields are flat and shaped like a round shield. They are not the type that cover an area with a large bubble, so she is still vulnerable from the sides and back.

I will see what I can do about the story. I didn't put much thought into the last one I wrote, but I will try harder for the next one. There are a few things I am concerned about, for when I write the next story.

1# She is serious, but she isn't standoffish or a snob. What happened to make her that way?
    2# She is a late high school age girl, and her personality isn't the type where she would leave her family and home for some small reason. Why did she leave?

Pretty much I don't want my story to be like this.....

Gloria was a brat. Gloria got mad at her Mom and Dad cause they wouldn't buy her a car for her birthday. Gloria ran away because she was mad.........

I'm gonna go brainstorm for a bit. Don't worry about being nitpicky. Whats the point of having a project manager if we don't allow them to fix things?
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 8:13 am

I'm glad you agree with me on that one. We will keep it for the general writing section, though, eh?

Also, I will try to help you find a way to get a reason she left her family house. I don't know one yet, but I'll think about it.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 am

I will label the current number one and also label it scrapped, until we get the general writing section set up. Until then I will go ahead and just put the new story below it and label it number two
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 8:37 am

I just had a little idea. What if Castles character formed some sort of interest in Gloria for unknown reasons and over time started trying to protect her and stuff like that? A demon and human becoming best friends sort of thing. I have already included him in my story about how my character got her school girl outfit.

What if castle made the rings? Instead of forcefields, what if Gloria's shields were actually portals into dimensions of nothingness? And the bombs? The charcoal rings could be portals to a dimension full of various forms of explosive devices.

Just a wacky little idea, I don't really expect any one to agree with it.
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Xin Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 am

Lol. And the side effect of loving a human turns Castle back into a human. Lol, jk! :P
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 8:48 am

I LOVE that idea. Xin's, not so much.. because I'm still human, just.. evolved.

Gloria's idea gets 200% approval from me.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 am

Yeah, where do those bombs come from?

Ah yes, traditional video game answer: From mah pants. Or in your case, from your pocketless schoolgirl uniform.

I want to know what Castle says about this. This is up to you two. I don't know if it really fits Castle in his personality, but... your call. :>

But what if Castle can't help you out right at this moment? e.e
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 8:53 am

My character, being the mysterious one... becoming best friends with Gloria would be a major twist, and I'd gladly make portals for any of you that need them... or just want one to go somewhere without the cost. Like her trip to Japan.

I've always wanted to make jewelry that can make portals to generate explosives. xD
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 8:56 am

So you would create two gems that can open up portals.

One of them into nothingness and the other in the biggest bomb-warehouse since Duke Nukem?
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Thu May 26, 2011 9:02 am

Hah, a twisted love story might just be the spice for our F-RPG. Like for example, Castle and Gloria might share a special relationship, but someone else falls for Gloria and their feelings aren't returned... That sort of cheesy thing..

If we twist it in our own forum-brand way it might just turn hilariously catastrophic or ... pretty sound.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 am

I say we give it a shot.

Don't ya think Lenra would ever be third wheel. Or will she? dun, DUN, DUUUUUN.

Or she might just try liez to get behind Castle's immortality.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 am

Yes, basically.. She'll have to worry about her ammo, and I'll worry about what she puts into my universe of "nothingness".

When she takes in lets say.. your rainbow blast of death... If she sucks it into the portal to nothingness.. I can reopen it with my personal abilities to redirect it at something else later on. Or just save it in there. C: So, never blast a rainbow at me.. :P

Love story? I thought it was just friendship. Being an evolved human, with Immortality that I wouldn't want to burden another with.. would be horrible for that. It'd be more like a brother/sister thing to me.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 am

Yeah, I already considered you being a most helpful character for combat scenarios, a strong supporter for sneak attacks.

It's like Yukari-randomness and epicness. 8D

Yukari = Touhous master of borders, gates and the unknown.

Random lolpic: https://2img.net/h/oi50.tinypic.com/1zdq7ig.jpg
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 am

Or capturing a hostage for war's.. I love doing that. C:
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 9:11 am

Okay, guys. I just had an idea. A deus ex machina. It's for the ending, so whoever is going to be a passive reader, look away now.

Castle always liked Gloria - for a human. He wanted to protect her, and they became friends. As a demon, he was beyond some feelings.
    And at the very end - he gets his back his human body. As a final reward - from a god, perhaps.
    Castle doesn't know what to do and Gloria takes care of him - in return of how he always took care of her.

And they fall in love that way.

One of them, however, still is immortal. Gloria is a human, but Castle kept his immortality.
    And thus, they decide to use every day to it's fullest extent. It might not be forever, but they fill the days they have with joy.
    And after that? What happens?
    Well, after these many years, Castle might just...
    return to being a lost soul. Again, empty and cold. Left alone in the night.

I'd like to hear Gloria's opinion here. While Ranger thinks it's epic, Castle wasn't the biggest fan of it.
    Castle also wanted me to make it a poll.

I had the idea while watching this.
    Caution: Watching this video might cause your heart to break.

Last edited by Sold Out on Thu May 26, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Personally I prefer the best friends side of things. For the bomb portal, I was thinking it the portal opening in the bomb dimension would be a suction type that appeared over whatever type of bomb the ring user decided at the moment.

When my characters abilities are being explained in the RPG I would kinda like this phrase included X-)

One of them opens a portal into nothingness and the other, a portal to the biggest bomb-warehouse since Duke Nukem.

Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 3:23 pm

My God I've got it!

She still wonders at times. What happened to her brother? She will never know.

Maybe he lost all memory from when he was a mortal...? Dun dun dun..
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Ooooo. That could work. I like how tragic it is.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 4:19 pm

This could also explain my characters instant bond with you.. And protective instinct over you.

AND help me find out about what I was, and how I came to be what I am now.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu May 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Okay Sold. I kept the general story the same, but I took out the more gruesome parts. The revised version is in my original post, after the original version.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 5:29 pm

The struggle marks.. Sold's demon hunter that's after him coming after me as a child.. leading to an epic show down between that thing and me in the future.. and the realization of me being your brother, causing me to flash back.. realizing so much.. and after the fight with Sold's hunter, I teleport away for some quiet to think.. and clear my head..

Hmm...

I like that WAAAAY better than the love story.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Castle wrote:This could also explain my characters instant bond with you.. And protective instinct over you.

AND help me find out about what I was, and how I came to be what I am now.

Your character is thousands of years old. That would not work with the brother/ sister story.
    Also, it would be such a big cliché. And what are the odds of you meeting up and finding that out, and so on, and so on. Strongly disagree with that option. I always was a fan of FF8, and it has got the same plothole I just mentioned, for example. It's rather annoying. e.e

@ Gloria:Well, you toned the story down.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Fri May 27, 2011 5:13 am

Blah. >:l
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Fri May 27, 2011 5:38 am

Okay, maybe the bro and sis thing won't work. But a guardian/best friend relationship can still work out.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 am

Yeah, I may not be able to be her real brother, but I can be the best friend/guardian.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:52 am