Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

5 posters

Need help!

Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Need help! Empty Need help!

Post by Ranger 50 Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 am

Ok guys. Me and a few other friends (mainly this one mate who decided to start it all) are beginning to develop a game called Legion. It's basically like Age of Empires. We need artwork drawn - can any of y'all help out? We have to submit some details about our game by the 27th because we - nvm.

Last edited by Ranger 50 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xin
    Xin

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Need help! Empty Re: Need help!

Post by Xin Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Dam. If this game is successful, hook me up :D
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:28 am

I'll give it a shot...But I think Sai would be better at drawing the architecture stuffz.

I won't do it in colour though. My colouring skills are the suck.

EDIT: LOL Sorry just saw today's date...damn i'd have done it if i saw it earlier...sorry :(
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:27 pm

It's fine, somebody from our year did the coverart for us, I made the soundtrack and the programming + major graphics are well underway.

Thanks anyways though <3
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 am

Heh. Can you show what your cover art looks like?

The whole magazine sounds like a big whoop - but I wish you the best of luck. A classmate of mine wanted to start making a flashgame with me and I might just help a modding crew on Skyrim (still haven't tested if my PC can run that *g*), so yeah.

But in reality, I never find the time for either of those.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am

LOL that's what the majority of our team thinks as well.. But thank you anyways :D

About the coverart - I would, but under confidentiality 'policies' being enforced by our group leader, I'm not allowed to ^^"

Sorry. D:
    pipoca77
    pipoca77

Squad : Dudes with 3 nipples

Post by pipoca77 Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 pm

aww damn i'm late, i started drawing as soon as i saw this, i'm interested on that cover art as well :P
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:22 am

Confidentiality of something that is supposed to be in a magazine? Oh no. How horrible would it be if that was seen before it gets seen by no-one.

Really though, is it better or worse than what we'd have done?
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:27 am

Ok. The coverart is not really confidential anymore, as it's been published.
    Whether or not it's better or worse... I really can't say. The art I've seen here is in a different style altogether from the type of drawing our dude's done.
    The thing is it hasn't been computer-processed whatsoever, apart from the addition of the logo. It's just a sketch+colouring ^^"

Need help! Legion11
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 am

Now this looks like something that would've been fun to digitalize. Ah well...
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Hang on, can you? The game's not published yet, and I was kinda hoping if the coverart was indeed digitalized - we just didn't have enough time to get it done like that before the article's deadline.

However, the game itself is in development, and it looks like our first 'alpha' might come out in like half a year.

So, if any of you can take the time out to digitalize it that would be SO AWESOME.

The thing is... It has to look kinda Roman style with actual reality-based graphics... So I think Flashing is a bad idea? :/
    But I'm not the expert here, I'll leave that decision to you guys if any of you actually want to attempt at digi-ing that thing.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:54 am

Wow that looks damn good, although if it were me, I'd draw the hero facing the castle being under siege. The best bet is to photoshop it and soft render it. Klaus is awesome at that sorta thing so I bet it's gonna turn out awesome if he did.

Yes Sold, I will still call you Klaus.

I think the title needs a little more work though, not as in the name, but as in it's appearance. At the moment, it stands out too much and frankly, doesn't look very cool. Also, you'd most probably want to come up with some sort of logo or icon that represents the game if you haven't already done it.

And when it comes out, send me cheats pl0x.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:29 am

Ah well, in a best-case scenario I could digitalize and color something someone else made. And while I do not lack the necessary... imagination, I do lack knowledge in the basic drawing aspects and Roman architecture etc...

I could try to take that drawing you have right there and add some actual fires to it, make it digital, that sort of thing, but on the other hand I would not know how to color it correctly et cetera.

NKDZ on the other hand has proven to be able to add some perspective and a picture like that could be done generally feetless...

But concerning the logo I could definitely do something.

tl;dr
    Dunno how well it would be digitizable color- and content-wise and if you want to go with that as a final picture.

"The thing is... It has to look kinda Roman style with actual reality-based graphics..."

See, that's my problem right there.

Since you are trying to make this a full-fledged game, you might want to consider just ordering a commission picture for your project. That would be a way to ensure having a high quality cover picture for 20 bucks or so.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Mm.. Alright. Well game development's been suspended for a while (long story) and so nothing's really being done atm. It doesn't really matter if the thing gets digitalized, tbh I don't think we have any hope in hell of getting this game even to Alpha.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 am

Meh, I'll digitalize what you have for the record anyway.

A lot of plans and no time to make them come true now...
    Ah well. No need worrying. I guess I know what I'll do during the winter break.

Sad to hear the project died, dude, but it happens all the time. It's kind of sad in an "I don't care" way. Look at me here: I wanted to make a flashgame, but there's nothing of that happening in the next... ages.

Also, mopedy-mope-mope. ~.~
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Well it means a lot Sold, it truly does. ^^

And nono, the game's not died at all.. Development is going slooooow atm because of a crucial member's inactivity due to personal issues.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:50 am

You know what I'm looking forward to the most?

The phase that was used by every independent publisher/ modding crew ever: "My hard drive broke and I lost all my data". If I got a dollar for every time I heard that excuse, I could buy myself... I don't know. A whopper menu. A "King" size one though. That's still something.

I hope I'll be able to get started on digitalizing as soon as the winter break. I don't yet know if I will change the colors - I'm not even sure if I'll change anything or everything. Time will tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:58 pm