Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+2
Castle
Sold Out
6 posters

"Rosa" colored

Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

"Rosa" colored Empty "Rosa" colored

Post by Sold Out Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:58 am

I am really unhappy with the coloring, so I decided that I'm done.
    Also, couldn't think of a good background, so here you go. Grey. Beautiful, pointless, contentless color grey. Oh, and I kept the palette so it looks at least a little less bland.

The scythe, while lacking detail, is pimpin' tho.

Looks more like a drawing some kid made because it was bored. Whatever. I guess it kinda applies to reality.

"Rosa" colored RosafinishedgreyBG

Carefully said, I'm still far, far, faaaaar away from anything remotely like a picture made by someone with knowledge on the subject or someone who's just Japanese. Because the latter apparently makes you awesome at everything without training.
    By the way, I experimented a lot on this picture and gained little to no knowledge.
    Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

"Rosa" colored Empty Re: "Rosa" colored

Post by Castle Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Wow. Very nice. O:
    Sai
    Sai

Post by Sai Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:21 pm

From a distant perspective: Only improvement would be to work on a single light source AKA get the light-shadow in sync; not as random highlights. That effect is often a common error in digi-painting. (I make it myself ALL the time and only find out once I am finished; ofcourse I say the usual "awe eff this IDC").

After closer examination: Bad hair texture; lining is serrated and juts out in inappropriate places. cleaning up the blurry overall char outline would help in doing an easy background.

I dont wanna compliment cuz we all know what stands out.

PS: Just wanted to p1ss ya off :P but ya other than that excellent colorin
    PsychoxLetter
    PsychoxLetter

Post by PsychoxLetter Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 pm

that's gorgeous. <3
    and she has red hair, like me. 8D
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Don't know what ya mean with "we all know what stands out", I figure you mean the background or something else.

Anyway, I know it's no good, really.

Adding a meaningful background with a pose and lineart like this was problematic, to say the least. Plus, didn't do a basic coloring at first; kinda made the mistake to start with shadows to light drawing without having a BG.

Lineart is too thick, picture didn't have enough pixels, no idea how to create a good-looking texture. Dunno about the hair, I actually thought it would be a kinda nice effect to have the hair chaotic, like a character that lived on the street or something.

Overall a pretty bad coloring job. I guess I was a little more lucky on my last picture of it's kind, but in my defense, that pose was easier to do.

Thanks for the critique, tho. Worst thing you can do to an artist is tell him that his stuff is good when it isn't. Also, I'm no artist. :X

At least I won't give up. Meh. But drawing's haaaard ~. >.<
    Sai
    Sai

Post by Sai Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Err faaine. Don't say I warned ya. I can't help but compliment as of nao.

Excellent Saturation of hair. Nicely shown hair as a transcluent layer. Very nice Cloak texture. Fabulous vibrance near the lining of the cloak and foot-blade-thingy-ma-jingy. Very realistic fur/straw-hood texture. Oh...and love the mummy bandades ^^

Hope ur happi nao cuz u cant force anything nicer out of my trap. xP
    Shud b proud of all ur work ma friend. <<Legit truth
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Nah, I am proud to a certain extent. I don't think it's perfect, and in many respects I'm just unhappy with the coloring job. No reason for ya to contradict yerself concerning the hair and stoof now. :>

So apparently ye got me wrong here just now. The "I'm no artist" thing is something I kinda think when seeing DeviantART pics and stuff. So, no misunderstanding me, bro. I still thank ye for the critique, but most of me pic wasn't really good. Most of it concerning shadows.

Next time, I'll try to keep to a simpler light/ shadow/ palette kind of drawing.

Also, chatbawx? :>
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:20 am

derp hurp just realised something lmao. The scythe blades were meant to come out of the front of the boots on both legs, not one normal scythe. Something like a weaponized combat boot.You may be thinking "Well what kind of design is that...if she trips she's gonna impale herself" Let's just say it was a cooler idea in my head when I thought about her using awesome kicks to mince some shit up. but as I said before, colouring still looks bamf ^^
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm

I love the blade on the boot.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 am

As ye can see, I made a scythe out of it.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Me saw dat :l

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:48 am