Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+5
Xin
Castle
rtx_zero84
Sold Out
Gloria of Greenguard
9 posters

What is the most depressing book you have ever read?

Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

What is the most depressing book you have ever read? Empty What is the most depressing book you have ever read?

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Mon May 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Mine is "The Children of Húrin by Tolkien" (writer of The Lord of The Rings books).

Q:What makes it depressing?

A: Good guy gets captured by Bad guy. Bad guy imprisons Good guy on side of mountain. Bad guy curses Good guys children. Throughout the book, the Good guys son ends up killing his own best friend on accident, leading an army to destruction, marrying his sister without knowing it and impregnating his sister. Sister finds out truth and kills herself. Brother finds out truth and kills himself. Father gets released from imprisonment by bad guy. Father finds his wife by side of road. Wife dies in his arms that night. Book ends.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

What is the most depressing book you have ever read? Empty Re: What is the most depressing book you have ever read?

Post by Sold Out Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Hrrm. I might read a lot, but nothing depressing. Books with storylines like the one you mentioned wouldn't keep my interest. That's why the "darkest" thing I ever read was"The War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells.

Like I said, nothing depressing, even though the brother of the main character dies shortly before he could flee the country.

Lol. Fixed an error that made the last sentence unintelligible.

Last edited by Sold Out on Tue May 31, 2011 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

What is the most depressing book you have ever read? Empty Re: What is the most depressing book you have ever read?

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Tue May 31, 2011 5:38 am

I am not into depressing books either. I just started reading some of Tolkiens stuff and ran into this one. When I finished Children of Hurin. I thought...............whooaaaaa, this depressing thing was written by the same person who wrote LOTR which had such a happy ending?
    rtx_zero84

Squad : Invictus

Post by rtx_zero84 Tue May 31, 2011 6:14 am

I haven't read many books. :/
    Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Post by Castle Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 am

Twilight. I read two pages of the first book, wanted to kill myself.

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 9:30 am

Great Expectations, the plot is dull, the details are suicide-causing and the book just sucks, it is the most depressing because it was mandatory for school and I HATED EVERY PAGE!!!!!!! That is why I want to thank god (or any religious figure you believe in) for sparknotes and wikipedia. That is the perfect mix, you get the main storyline from sparknotes and the most important detailed section from wikipedia, that is the perfect way to get out of readying a book for class.

I used that combination and I got a 80 on an essay I wrote that I didn't know shit about!
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Harry Potter 4 when Ron and Harry get into a fight and in #5 when Harry's godfather dies. JK JK.

Probably "My Sister's Keeper"
    Babe
    Babe

Squad : Kitten-Style

Post by Babe Tue May 31, 2011 6:51 pm

The very hungry caterpillar. Still having nightmares.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 am

Rofl, babe.

Probably Wuthering Heights. I dunno, for some reason that just gives an extremely depressing outlook.
    rtx_zero84

Squad : Invictus

Post by rtx_zero84 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:50 am

Ranger, you have to have read some sweet books. And knowing you, they have to be depressing somehow. (And you're spam posting :P)
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 am

....Was I?
    No. Spam-posting is posting irrelevant, random posts continuously in multiple topics.

Wuthering Heights ain't a sweet book, the only other books I've read that aren't classics are probably teenage fiction books by authors like Muchamore, Horowitz, Robson, Landy, etc. They aren't really depressing. Great ways to kill time when you're young tho.
    PsychoxLetter
    PsychoxLetter

Post by PsychoxLetter Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:23 pm

watership down. asdfghjkl POOR BUNNIES ;_;
    Darkpowerz
    Darkpowerz

Squad : Zombie Apocalypse Crew

Post by Darkpowerz Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:08 am

Marley & Me | John idkhislastname
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 pm

The movie made me tear a bit :'3
    Darkpowerz
    Darkpowerz

Squad : Zombie Apocalypse Crew

Post by Darkpowerz Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:27 pm

the movie is just a ripoff. read the book. ^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:24 am