Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

4 posters

Does anybody...

Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Does anybody... Empty Does anybody...

Post by Ranger 50 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:07 am

...have/own an iPhone 4S? Is it worth the money? Do the features advertised like Siri and iCloud work as well as they were promoted?

Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Does anybody... Empty Re: Does anybody...

Post by Castle Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:56 am

I've heard it's literally no different than the last.
    They only released it for the sales. They've got another phone ready to release more so closer to Christmas holidays and such.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 am

Sheesh.

Ranger, there's a difference being an Apple-fan and being what you are. Because I know some people who are insanely in love with Apple and would *never* buy an iPhone or an iPad. These products are a mixture of outdatedness and overpricedness.

Get yourself a proper smartphone, I don't care if it's Windows Phone or an Android.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am

I'm one of those guys who don't give two monkeys about Apple but are insanely in love with their products >:D

I guess I'm just most used to the iDevices, and I don't want to have to start the smartphoning experience all over again with an Android / Windows Phone. Plus, with recent developments to the jailbreak side of iPhones you can pretty much mod your iDevice to look, function and pretty much be an Android or Windows Phone. :)

Oh and Castle:

That's news to me :O Do you still remember the sites and stuff where you got that info from?
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Still crappy hardware, no matter how much you jailbreak it. But I'll leave that to you entirely.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

I jailbroke my touch 4th gen.

Its fucking boss. New one, IDK. But u could get the 4th touch and update it to 4Gs.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Erm. No you couldn't, unless you actually mean 4Gs, which hasn't happened yet. No amount of jailbreaking can modify/alter the actual hardware of the iDevice. For starters, 4S is 4S because;
    a) Siri - which is unique only to the 4S
    b) Dual-core A5 chip - Also unique to the 4S and the iPad (any previous Touchs/iPhones only have enough space to allow a single-core)
    c) The 8MP camera - you can't jailbreak your iTouch 4G's camera to increase the MP quality of it. Also unique to the 4S.
    d) iCloud - also unique only to the 4S.

I think what you're getting confused with here is 4S and iOS 5. If you could update any previous iDevice to make it the 4S, then why would Apple have spent so much money creating a new iPhone, when they could have just said, 'everyone you can now upgrade your iDevices to the 4S'.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Well IDK wut the new update is. But there is an update I know that for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:26 am