Fallen Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Army Community. Everyone's welcome.

+2
Castle
Gloria of Greenguard
6 posters

Gloria

Poll

Use the idea for the ending? (See page 3.)

[ 0 ]
    Gloria I_vote_lcap0%Gloria I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Gloria I_vote_lcap0%Gloria I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Squad : The GoG Squad

Gloria Empty Gloria

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Height: Medium
    Build: Sturdy yet attractive.
    Hair: Long and Dark Brown, almost black. Usually left strait.
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Outfit: Japanese School Girl (long dress version). She only started dressing this way after she started traveling with her current companions. Castle opened a portal to modern day Japan and let her enter it just for kicks. She discovered this outfit in a cause-play shop, and found it to her liking.
    Primary Personality Attributes: Caring, Calculating, Intelligent, serious, Strong

She is skilled in every thing she does, but she has yet to ever show her full potential to any one.
    Her personality tends to be very serious most of the time but she does have a sense of humor.
    She endures any misfortune as if it were like any other part of life. She will not allow herself to panic, cry, or even express to much sorrow.

Battle ability: Can spawn bombs in her hands. And can make large portals to nothingness. She uses these portals as a shield to protect herself. Both of these abilities are possible because of four special rings, that were created and given to her as a gift by Castle, so that she could protect herself.

All of the rings are simple and non imposing, very fit for a young lady. Two of them are charcoal black and have a single tiny fiery red inlaid gem each. These are the ones that make it so she can spawn bombs. She can spawn bombs of whatever power she wants, and can specify the amount of time allowed before they go off. But the stronger the bomb, the higher the risk of her and her friends getting caught in its blast.

The other two rings are silver colored and have brilliant blue gems instead of the fiery red that the charcoal rings posses. These allow her to make the portals she uses for defense.

Because she has two of each ring, she can use both her abilities with either hand. She can not spawn a bomb and a shield at the same time with one hand, but she can spawn a bomb with one hand and a shield in the other.

She practices throwing stuff whenever she can, in order to be able to throw her bombs further.

Things to be careful of:Any one can suffer a mental breakdown on the battlefield. Gloria is no different in that aspect. But when she suffers one, instead of crying or screaming or giving up hope. She simply goes insane and starts destroying everything. This has only happened once, but every one would prefer that it never happens again.

Roll: Group Mother. Cooks, Takes care of the sick, Listens to whoever needs some one to listen, gives advice when needed, Kicks butts that need kicking.

Story #2 (SLIGHTLY REVIZED):

She was raised in a beautiful loving home (or not). The house was a two room shack with a sheltered hole in the ground outside for a toilet . And her parents were.........well....read on to find out.

Her mother did a lot gardening to keep the family fed and kept her house as clean as she could. But she had a horrible temper and was a child abuser. Gloria and her younger brother both showed signs of their mothers fits of anger all over their bodies.

Her father was a coal miner who worked hard all day in cramped shafts and caves. But when his job was done he always drank heavily. And when he came home he generally wasn’t a pleasant person to be around.

. Her older brother had run from home long before, but his life was already ruined by the time he did so. She never really got to know him. The last thing Gloria heard of him. Was a letter from some constable somewhere who had had her brother imprisoned for various crimes he had committed.

Gloria did her best to take care of her younger brother, and often would take beatings from their mom in his place. She also studied hard on whatever books were in the house, in order to learn things she could teach to her brother.

One day Gloria decided she had had enough of her current life style. She wanted something better for her and her brother, and she decided the only way to get something better, would be to leave their current home and family. That night she took action.

She and her brother went to bed at the normal time. But later on, sometime past midnight, Gloria got back up. She hated to do this to her little brother, but she walked over to him and gently shook his shoulder. He woke up in a startled manner and looked at her with questioning eyes. She told him.......get some warm clothes on and wait for me outside, I should be out within fifteen minutes. After he dressed warmly, she quietly opened their window and helped him out.

Gloria proceeded to gather some of her and her brothers belongings and stuff them in two burlap bags, just basic necessities they would need in order to live. When she was done packing she took a look around and made sure she was not forgetting any thing.

She went to the window and put the bags on the ground outside and then crawled through it herself. She then picked up the bags and looked around for her brother. She suddenly realized, he was no where to be seen.

She was rather puzzled, where could he have gone? She put the bags back down and started looking around. After five minutes of searching she started to get worried. She could not find any signs of her brother any where.

. After searching for nearly an hour. She found the place where he had been waiting. He had gone and sat on a stump at the edge of the woods to wait for her. She noticed that there were marks on the ground as if someone had snuck up on him from behind and then struggled with him. She nearly panicked. But she quickly regained her composure and looked for tracks leading from the spot.

She found a couple sets of tracks going into the woods. She tried to follow them but quickly lost them. She was not an experienced tracker. She searched the woods in the area the rest of the night. And spent the next several days exploring more and more area. She never did find her brother.

With a sad and broken heart. She finally proceeded to do what she had planned to do the night they had tried to escape.

She never returned to the area where she had previously lived. When word got out that the two siblings had gone missing, people from the nearby town went searching for them. They were never able to find either of the siblings..

As far as any official documents were concerned, Gloria and her brother were dead.

After these events. Gloria wandered around doing odd jobs for various people and using any money earned, on basic life necessities. She often had to sleep outside without shelter. In order to keep from getting emotionally or mentally hurt, her mind and emotions started to harden. She lost almost all sense of emotion. It came to the point where death, pain and suffering no longer had any effect on her as far as any one could tell.

One rainy day during her travels she found a small tavern that was in need of a hostess. She offered to fill the roll for a day. The people there were nice, though they could tell that she had a rough life, they asked no questions. She was a hard worker, and attractive. Though she had lost all emotion, she still had the power to act happy and outgoing when need be. The tavern did good business that day.

The owner of the tavern was pleased by her performance and decided that he would like to keep her as hostess if possible. He took her aside that night and had a long talk with her. He promised her that she could work there as she wanted and have free room and board. And no one would ask her any questions about her past.

It was upon these terms that she came to work at the small tavern wear she would eventually meet her current traveling companions.

She still wonders at times. What happened to her brother?

Last edited by Gloria of Greenguard on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:23 am; edited 29 times in total
    Castle
    Castle

Squad : Apocalyptic Noodles

Gloria Empty Re: Gloria

Post by Castle Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:26 pm

GOD! I'll get around to reading that when it isn't 1am.. but looks good from the start of your basics.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am

I erased the story to make it easier for the writers to incorporate her into the game. It should be easier for them if they don't have to take a bunch of pre-made stories into consideration.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 am

If you mean an introcuctionary storyline...

My idea was everyone writing a story that leads them to the same tavern at the beginning of the RPG thing.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 am

Ok rewrote the story.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:54 am

All you have to do to get in the story is submit your character?
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:16 pm

As far as I know.
    NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:22 am

I'd draw your character for you but then you'd see how ultimately fail I am at drawing females.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:03 am

Females are technically my specialty >///< yea....sorry to keep it a secret for so long xD

I ...erm...am specialized in that field...erm..yea...so ill do so ....soon..

Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:04 am

Lol. Thanks Sai.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 am

I am going to try to think of another way for her to have a tragic past without her family dying. Or maybe even make her past less tragic. Here is what our pasts look like so far.

Gloria: Family murdered.
    Ranger: Mother dead, Dad is a careless jerk.
    Castleman. Dad murdered, Mother committed suicide.

Hey sold. I made it so school is not part of my story line, and tried to make use of your portal idea. I need your impute on whether the changes are acceptable.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 am

I CAN change mine if need be. I don't mind. I have another idea already. I'll write it out and see which one is preferred.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 am

I went ahead and changed mine a bit. It's still depressing as heck though. Maybe a bit more so than it was.
    Ranger 50
    Ranger 50

Post by Ranger 50 Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Gloria of Greenguard wrote:He would live. But he would never make love to a woman again.

Owwwwwwwwwwch.

Love the update, although a bit sickening. Gives a much better light to the reasons behind the character's personality traits.
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Glad you like it.

NKDZ
    NKDZ

Squad : A.S.S Artist Supreme Squad

Post by NKDZ Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Strap ons are an option.

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 am

I will start on your lineart starting this upcoming Friday and spend at least 4 hours per day editing ur lineart. I dont want to finish Dave just yet...I have a few experiments which I need to execute b4 I paint Rangur's char...
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Tue May 24, 2011 7:41 pm

I would like one of these to be my theme song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L450&feature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPC60cIZpII
    If you listen to them, don't blame me if you want to shoot yourself afterwords.

If there are any epic moments that center on my character (I doubt there will be) here are some choices of mine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEioZI5FOOE&feature=related

Last edited by Gloria of Greenguard on Wed May 25, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gloria of Greenguard
    Gloria of Greenguard

Post by Gloria of Greenguard Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Holy cow. I just read my story for the first time in a while. I had no idea I had made it so long, or that it had so many grammar mistakes. I must have been ridiculously tired.

To any one who has read this story, or will read the story in the future. The family depicted does not resemble my own in any way.

Hey Sai. I changed the story behind my characters abilities, and it involves some rings. I thought I should tell you since you plan on doing some art for my char.

Four rings. Simple ones. Each have a single small inlaid gem. Two rings are silver with brilliant blue gems. Two are charcoal with fiery red gems. She wears the silver rings on her index fingers and the charcoal rings on her middle fingers.

And it is no longer quite so easy for her to go insane on the battlefield.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Gloria 8384-d240-4001
    A picture for the lulz. Not really related to the following text.

Was the story like this the first time? I forgot to read it, apparently.
    The only thing I remember was a bomb-throwing "yandere" girl. Please forgive me. ^^'

Overall impression:

Now you fixed your grammar, the overall writing style is pretty darn nice, but...

It's really strange. You have got this really, really dark story (Too dark for my taste. You sure you want this to be the backstory of a fantasy world/ storyline? You know, with a group of heroes fighting monsters and such? It also is quite different from the other ones.) You need to know, our fantasy storyline is FAR more innocent. Like, WAY more innocent. We're basically a bunch of heroes being awesome, having our own little stories and questing, basically. I personally would like to keep rapists, child-molesters, etc. as far away from this as it is possible. So if you have to keep it, at least tone it down to "fled from aggressive parents".

On the other side you have that bomb-flinging randomness with magical shields? :> I think it is balanced well, even if it's not easy to write into a battle. It would be easier to add to a game or a TV show. 8D

The skills:

How about you can only use one or the other? You know, having to put your shield aside in order to throw the bombs? ^^'

Just to show a little battle scenario (I think it makes things easier to understand):
    Castle goes into a portal-using melee, using his speed and unusual strength in order to dish out some ownage.
    Ranger shoots bullets. Some exploding, some not, some special ones.
    My Lenra uses energy based spells. Depending on magic resistances and whatnot, some of them are effective, some ain't. Some are a bit like the traditional fireball spell and some are like energy blasts.
    Sayor stabs the sonofabeach with melee weapons, mostly.

Now, the problem is: If we would fight a single enemy in unison, you would have to use some smaaaaall bombs, since I think you wouldn't want to blow up Castle or Sayor while they are fighting. Ranger and I don't have that problem, because we have smaller, more directly hitting weapons/ spells. I guess in a melee, you could use your shield to get some distance, or you could bash something over the head with it, but... If you sent a soldier armed only with grenades, he wouldn't survive for long, that's my point. Your weaponry, while being cool is kind of over-the-top Animeish at points. This is not a bad thing in general, but what if someone asks, say... "Why can't your ring become a sword?"? There would be no answer. plus, Sayor has got morphing weapons. Also, Lenra is trying to learn defensive runes/ arcane circles as protection spells, too.

Overall, still nice. :>

Summary:

Like I said, you wrote your character well, but is it really that necessary for the FA RPG to have something like that? This is a dramatic and serious story, more so than anything else; it shows how harsh a life can become, but the essence of the FA RPG is a story about a bunch of heroes basically saving the world. Typical teenager story stuff, but a successful and often gripping thing. You gave it your best and I know you had fun writing this, but maybe this is more suited for the upcoming general writing section. That way your text would still be seen and liked, since you put effort into this. I personally don't have anything against like stories like this, but this one of those things that don't mix.

<3 your title song ideas. It's not what I usually listen to, but still. <3 'em. You can almost hear how that dramatic backstory happened over the course of the Gadfly Suite. The dramatic end...

I myself wrote Lenra while listening to a very new song with classic instruments called "Old World". Yes, the song is based on Touhou, but still worth listening to for non-fans. It's nothing like the songs you picked, but you still might like it. Maybe you can notice what gave me the inspiration to write an introduction like mine.
    Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World

Sorry for my nitpicking/ commandeering about. I really hate to limit anyone's personal freedom in this, but I'm sure you can understand all of my points. I still try to keep it something where everyone has got a choice, deciding what to happen with the character. ~.~
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 am

Soldy, remember.. under my hood is literally.. nothing, plus I'm immortal. So being 'sploded isn't THAT bad.. but it would take me a few seconds/moments to recover.
    Xin
    Xin

Post by Xin Thu May 26, 2011 5:17 am

@Sold:
    You know how you were saying "for your abilities, you can either have one or the other" so do all of us have at least one 'Achilles Heel?' (weak spot)

Other than Castle :P

I mean, otherwise it'd be cheap. Like, to make this interesting, some of us should die, but we'd somehow come back to life.
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 am

You can't die of old age. You ain't got no immunity to explosions or getting stabbed, torn, eaten and burned. You CAN take more punishment than most people without additional spells, but you're a mortal coil like us.

Just age-immortality. We all have an achilles heel.
    Castle
    Castle

Post by Castle Thu May 26, 2011 5:19 am

Well, like you and I both said, there's nothing under the hood.. so what would die? :P
    Sold Out
    Sold Out
    Admin

Post by Sold Out Thu May 26, 2011 5:20 am

You're an ex-human, given an infinite lifespan. Let's agree on: If I prodded your face with a stick, I would hit a face. Kay?

This is still Glo's topic, btw. e.e

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am